Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen Flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can. try it for 5 or 10 minutes just to cancel out this method if need be

Okay, the problem is the glitch will show itself when it wants to. Like it took 15-20 minutes to realize it was still an issue last time. Nothing yet but I'll be using this device tomorrow so I'll definitely know by the end of the day and we can do some more troubleshooting

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Okay, the problem is the glitch will show itself when it wants to. Like it took 15-20 minutes to realize it was still an issue last time. Nothing yet but I'll be using this device tomorrow so I'll definitely know by the end of the day and we can do some more troubleshooting

Thanks a lot for your help so far.
hopefully one of the mods will come save the day. I kinda thought linux knowledge would've made this easier for you. hope it works out.

Well @Mrgeque Nothing yet. Hopefully it's defeated. But til tomorrow and thanks again.

hopefully one of the mods will come save the day. I kinda thought linux knowledge would've made this easier for you. hope it works out.

It definitely has as I'm accustomed to the Unix ecosystem, and you've done a really good job explaining things. But until tomorrow, where hopefully I'm either saved, it worked, or we find a solution ourselves.

It definitely has as I'm accustomed to the Unix ecosystem, and you've done a really good job explaining things. But until tomorrow, where hopefully I'm either saved, it worked, or we find a solution ourselves.
I know either of these systems. Hackintosh is my first dip into these things. me thinking linux is like Mac OS shows you just how LITTLE I really know lol

upload new problem reporting files

How and where to install kexts:

missing virtualSMC.efi in drivers/UEFI

probably should be removed from config.plist:

Code:
<key>FixMutex</key>
                <true/>
Code:
<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
        <array>
            <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IONetworkingFamily.kext</string>
            <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IOGraphicsFamily.kext</string>
        </array>

Code:
<key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>2048</integer>

assumed you have tried different smbios/config.plist from the laptop guide:

How and where to install kexts:

missing virtualSMC.efi in drivers/UEFI

probably should be removed from config.plist:

Code:
<key>FixMutex</key>
                <true/>
Code:
<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
        <array>
            <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IONetworkingFamily.kext</string>
            <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IOGraphicsFamily.kext</string>
        </array>

Code:
<key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>2048</integer>

assumed you have tried different smbios/config.plist from the laptop guide:

Ill be sure to locally install the kexts to /Library/Extensions for now on. I’ll try adding that EFI And removing those config entries, but yes I’ve tried different SMBIOS (iMac18,1 MacBookPro14,1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back