Contribute
Register

Screen Flickering/Lag & Stuttering - (2x) R9 290

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have, after a lot of issues regarding the installation of Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite on my system, from the moment it was installed I found some issues with it:

The screen seems to have flickering, especially when playing any type of video. There seems to be general lag too, when using mouse and keyboard, you have input lag... and I don't quite understand why. I'm not sure if it's because I'm missing the kexts for them (which doesn't make sense really, as this shouldn't happen, even without the kexts).

I, to my surprise managed to have the internet working from the moment I installed Mac OS, and other than the screen issues (and not having installed USB 3.0 kexts yet), everything else seems to be fine. No panics or crashes occur, unless I plug in a USB.

I just NEED to fix this problem.

Here are my specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K

Z87 Motherboard: ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus VI Formula

RAM: 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)

2x GPUs: AMD R9 290 Stock (non-modified to my knowledge) version.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Disk 1: Corsair GS Force SSD - 256GB - Windows 10.

Disk 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM HDD - 2TB - Mac OS X & Windows 7

Disk 2 Partitions:

Disk 2 Partition 1: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite - 193.7GB Partition size

Disk 2 Partition 2: Windows 7 Ultimate - 264.06GB Partition size

Disk 2 Partition 3: Simple Storage partition - 1230.14GB Partition size

Disk 2 Unallocated space: 146.20GB + 28.91GB - Probably for future OS's. including Linux based, and Windows XP for older programs.

PSU: Seasonic SS-1250XM 80+ Gold

NOTE: I know my PC is far from designed for Hackintoshing. I never took that into account back when I bought it over a year and a half ago.

Also note I never had to use the argument: /haswell to make Mac OS work, which I find odd as the 4770K is Haswell based.

Your contribution would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED.

The R9 290 does not have OOB support, so I guess you've just experienced what basic software rendering looks like.

You should be able to enable your GPU by spoofing the device ID to 0x67B01002. A more detailed description is in our Radeon Graphics Guide, Section 4.

Note that Hawaii drivers are in a "beta" state (which they most likely will never leave), so you might experience one or the other issue.

be able to enable your GPU by spoofing the device ID to 0x67B01002. A more detailed description is in

Yeah I tried spoofing the ID several days ago, but I only ended up finding out that I CANNOT MOUNT AN EFI PARTITION. When I open the Clover Configurator and I attempt to mount an EFI partition, the menu doesn't pop up. Any ideas how to get around it?

In the video tutorial I watched, the small menu opened at 0:33, is somethign that I cannot replicate on my own system.

I always do that manually, can't comment on any tools:
  1. Run "diskutil list" in Terminal, find identifier of your boot drive (e.g. /dev/disk1)
  2. Run "diskutil mount diskXs1" (replace X with correct number from previous step) to mount EFI partition of your boot drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back