Contribute
Register

Screen Flickering, artifacts and other graphical issues on El Capitan. Everything else works fine

Motherboard
GA Z170x-UD3
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
Intel HD 530 & GA GTX 750 TI
Hi,

I'm new here. I just built my first hackintosh but I have some post-installation problems. I installed El Capitan and everything works fine except some strange screen flickering which starts into log in and continue when browsing or watching youtube. I tried all day to fix it watching a lot of threads but i can not make it. I am using i5-6600k, GA Z170X-UD3 and GA Geforce GTX 750 ti and HDMI connection. I didn't try with other types of cables. If anyone knows something, please help. Thanks !

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you install the Nvidia Web Drivers? They are required for your card.

Motherboard
GA Z170x-UD3
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
I just installed the Nvidia Web Drivers for 10.11.6 but it's the same. When I made the bootable USB Drive with Unibeast, at Graphics Configuration section, I didn't choose Nvidia. Could this be the problem ? I didn't know that the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti is a nvidia graphic card.

Motherboard
GA Z170x-UD3
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
Also if I check at about this Mac, at the Graphics/Display section, I have only the Display and Intel HD Graphics 530

Motherboard
TS11HR (Clover)
CPU
i5-2410m / HM65
Graphics
HD3000 / 1368x768
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I've got a similar problem here. I'm on a laptop right now and my card is GT540M. Using El Capitan.

Before El Capitan I've got a Yosemite which had a same glitches as El Capitan right now. But in case of Yosemite I was able to fix this by providing slide=0 boot parameter before loading.

Oddly enough, it doesn't work on El Capitan for me. You may try adding slide=0 to your boot section. Hope this help.

Still looking for solution for my problem :) Any help would be appreciated.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just installed the Nvidia Web Drivers for 10.11.6 but it's the same. When I made the bootable USB Drive with Unibeast, at Graphics Configuration section, I didn't choose Nvidia. Could this be the problem ? I didn't know that the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti is a nvidia graphic card.
Wait what... You didn't know it was an Nvidia card? Anyways you should not be injecting Nvidia since it is a Maxwell GPU. Please attach your config.plist from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to a post.