Contribute
Register

Screen flashing black on boot before login screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I could, but that's not resolve the source problem. Anyway, what about the black screen?

I am not sure there is a solution for the flash of a black screen. I don't boot with HD4600 graphics so I haven't done much testing with it nor does my monitor have speakers to get audio over HDMI or DisplayPort. For me I when using an iMac14,2 system profile my screen flashes black and then the apple logo is gone and the progress bar is in the bottom left before getting to the login screen. If using an iMac15,1 profile when the screen flashes black it just goes straight to the login screen. This really is a non-issue for me though.

I am not sure there is a solution for the flash of a black screen. I don't boot with HD4600 graphics so I haven't done much testing with it nor does my monitor have speakers to get audio over HDMI or DisplayPort. For me I when using an iMac14,2 system profile my screen flashes black and then the apple logo is gone and the progress bar is in the bottom left before getting to the login screen. If using an iMac15,1 profile when the screen flashes black it just goes straight to the login screen. This really is a non-issue for me though.

I tried using iMac 14,2 profile and no different result.

I tried using iMac 14,2 profile and no different result.

I know, I do not think there is a solution for this and it really isn't an issue unless you are that concerned about 1 second of aesthetics during the boot process.

My MacBook Pro screen also changes at the same point during the boot process. When the screen would flash on a hackintosh, the MacBook Pro screen loads the color profile being used. So while it doesn't flash it still does not stay the same throughout the whole boot process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back