Contribute
Register

Screen distorted on boot HD5500, UEFI native (no CSM), 1920x1080 HP 450 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used ACPIPoller.kext to run an ACPI method every second. You probably already have such a method in DSDT for the fan patches (eg. SMCD.TCPU).

From that method I dumped various IGPU backlight registers with ACPIDebug, so that I see the values in system.log each second. Then... you sleep the display, wake it, and you'll see if there is a related difference in the registers that might be useful in solving the problem. The registers can then be fixed in the PNLF._INI method, just as I did with the 0xC0000000 value for LEVW.

my current dsdt:
Code:
Name (LMAX, 0)
                        // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below
                        Name (KMAX, 0xad9)
                        // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired
                        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
                            // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this
                            // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)
                            Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)

no changes here.

my current dsdt:
Code:
Name (LMAX, 0)
                        // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below
                        Name (KMAX, 0xad9)
                        // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired
                        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
                            // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this
                            // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)
                            Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)

no changes here.

Try without the Store to LEVW, as suggested in post #28.

Try without the Store to LEVW, as suggested in post #28.
ok! sorry.

no success, but confirmed! after sleep/wake on login screen, display work fine, without glitches.

how to debug for got a solution?

ok! sorry.

no success, but confirmed! after sleep/wake on login screen, display work fine, without glitches.

how to debug for got a solution?

Post #31 has the "how to debug"... requires skills. Familiarity with ACPI programming, ability to read data sheets, ACPIDebug and RMDT methods. Lot's to read.

Why not just enable CSM and forget about it?

Post #31 has the "how to debug"... requires skills. Familiarity with ACPI programming, ability to read data sheets, ACPIDebug and RMDT methods. Lot's to read.

Why not just enable CSM and forget about it?

in this case, CSM is very bad.
the boot is very, very slow

in this case, CSM is very bad.
the boot is very, very slow

Why would booting be any slower with CSM? You should still be booting UEFI but with CSM enabled.

Are you certain you did it correctly? You would have difficulty editing the DSDT.aml directly as it won't compile clean (need to edit the DSDT.dsl in the same directory, Save, then Save As DSDT.aml, format ACPI Machine Language Binary). Something for you to double check and clarify.

I did fix the issues first and then edited it, compiled it again and saved as .aml.

I did fix the issues first and then edited it, compiled it again and saved as .aml.

No need to "fix" any "issues" if you start by editing the correct file (DSDT.dsl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back