Contribute
Register

Screen distorted on boot HD5500, UEFI native (no CSM), 1920x1080 HP 450 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Look like it's not related to your problem. Can you take a screenshot of garbled screen?

So you have to set 1024x768 in config.plist or enable CSM to fix the garbled screen?

Yes exactly, both workarounds do not cause the garbled screen. Here is a screenshot:
IMG_20150923_164655.jpg

Another workaround is going to standby and wake-up :cool:

/edit: Actually a simple screen-off / on fixes it as well...

It's the untouched CLOVER from the HP post installer (Version 6.4.2 (September 14th 2015)), except that I changed to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi per your advice.
View attachment 152097

Let me know if you want me to re-upload that.

Jep I understand. Let me double check fast boot.

Disabling fast boot does _not_ solve the issue.

Yes exactly, both workarounds do not cause the garbled screen. Here is a screenshot:
View attachment 152131

Same problem on Dell Broadwell. If you have to set 1024x768 or CSM enabled, use "Yosemite S" theme instead.

View attachment 152131

Experiment with a couple of settings in the PNLF patch.

Code:
                    Name (LMAX, 0xad9)
                    // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below
                    Name (KMAX, 0xad9)
                    // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired
                    Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this
                        // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)
                        Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)

Try with LMAX=0.

Try removing the Store(0xC*, LEVW) line.

It could be additional debugging of the IGPU registers is required (I originally figured out the 0xC0000000 for Haswell using ACPIDebug).

Same problem on Dell Broadwell. If you have to set 1024x768 or CSM enabled, use "Yosemite S" theme instead.

Seems like a reasonable work around as long as these settings are available.

Unless someone wants to determine the true cause with ACPIDebug...

Seems like a reasonable work around as long as these settings are available.

Unless someone wants to determine the true cause with ACPIDebug...

I can help..
you can give me the steps to do ACPIDebug
or can release remote access chrome remote desktop and then posted the experience here

I can help..
you can give me the steps to do ACPIDebug
or can release remote access chrome remote desktop and then posted the experience here

I used ACPIPoller.kext to run an ACPI method every second. You probably already have such a method in DSDT for the fan patches (eg. SMCD.TCPU).

From that method I dumped various IGPU backlight registers with ACPIDebug, so that I see the values in system.log each second. Then... you sleep the display, wake it, and you'll see if there is a related difference in the registers that might be useful in solving the problem. The registers can then be fixed in the PNLF._INI method, just as I did with the 0xC0000000 value for LEVW.

Experiment with a couple of settings in the PNLF patch.

Code:
                    Name (LMAX, 0xad9)
                    // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below
                    Name (KMAX, 0xad9)
                    // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired
                    Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this
                        // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)
                        Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)

Try with LMAX=0.

Try removing the Store(0xC*, LEVW) line.

It could be additional debugging of the IGPU registers is required (I originally figured out the 0xC0000000 for Haswell using ACPIDebug).

I tried both by editing the DSDT.aml (in CLOVER/ACPI/patched) with MaciASL, but no luck yet. I guess we'd need to debug that - it's not a major issue actually, but I might be willing to try.

I tried both by editing the DSDT.aml (in CLOVER/ACPI/patched) with MaciASL, but no luck yet. I guess we'd need to debug that - it's not a major issue actually, but I might be willing to try.

Are you certain you did it correctly? You would have difficulty editing the DSDT.aml directly as it won't compile clean (need to edit the DSDT.dsl in the same directory, Save, then Save As DSDT.aml, format ACPI Machine Language Binary). Something for you to double check and clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back