Contribute
Register

Screen crash after selecting Mac OS install disk. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys, pretty newon the forums here but so far everything ive been looking at has been helpful.
after spending some time researching i decided i wanted to Load mac OS on my custom built PC
everything on the pc works fine im just having trouble booting the mac OS disk at a certain screen,

I changed all of my BIOS settings to reccomended, loaded the iboot dvd, ejected, loaded Mac OS install disk, pressed F5
and from here, ive tried installing normally, with the boot option after pressing down, with the PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x, and -x. But after every single attempt it either stays at a black screen (i let it sit for 45 minutes and nothing) or it just crashes and reboots up to the insert media or select boot disk screen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am dumbfounded to what the problem is. Thanks!!:):)

Last edited:
hey guys, pretty newon the forums here but so far everything ive been looking at has been helpful.
after spending some time researching i decided i wanted to Load mac OS on my custom built PC
everything on the pc works fine im just having trouble booting the mac OS disk at a certain screen,

I changed all of my BIOS settings to reccomended, loaded the iboot dvd, ejected, loaded Mac OS install disk, pressed F5
and from here, ive tried installing normally, with the boot option after pressing down, with the PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x, and -x. But after every single attempt it either stays at a black screen (i let it sit for 45 minutes and nothing) or it just crashes and reboots up to the insert media or select boot disk screen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am dumbfounded to what the problem is. Thanks!!:):)

I am having the exact same problem have you made any progress on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back