Contribute
Register

Screen changing colors after update. 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have solution to fix this without SwitchResX?

[Solved]

My Sierra installation was an upgrade not a fresh install. As a result I updated Clover to the latest version but retained my original config.plist file. The solution was to edit the config.plist file with the following changes:

Under <key>Intel</key> I changed true to false
Under <key>KextsToPatch</key> I removed all <dict> .... </dict> entries. These modified the AppleHDA for the realtek chipset.

In the EFI folder for kexts/10.12 I removed the realtekALC.kext I had originally copied to this location prior to the system upgrade.

I believe the only step necessary was to remove the entries under KextsToPatch but all information is included for completeness. I also have the built in GPU disabled in CMOS..

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Anyone found a better solution? I stayed at 10.12.2 since this issue.

SwitchResX is working fine.
alternative is resxtreme and it's free. open it and click the first item and it works.

Same issue here with a second monitor displaying stange colors (blue became orange, gray remained gray…) after applying Security update 2018-002 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 / NVIDIA webdriver 346.03.15f12 no more compatible:
fixed changing monitor's Bits/Sample mode with ResXtreme.
Thanks for the tip!

[Solved]

My Sierra installation was an upgrade not a fresh install. As a result I updated Clover to the latest version but retained my original config.plist file. The solution was to edit the config.plist file with the following changes:

Under <key>Intel</key> I changed true to false
Under <key>KextsToPatch</key> I removed all <dict> .... </dict> entries. These modified the AppleHDA for the realtek chipset.

In the EFI folder for kexts/10.12 I removed the realtekALC.kext I had originally copied to this location prior to the system upgrade.

I believe the only step necessary was to remove the entries under KextsToPatch but all information is included for completeness. I also have the built in GPU disabled in CMOS..

Hope this helps someone.

THANK YOU!
This worked for me after upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave using Intel UHD 630.
Had to use the pixel clock patch afterwards which also worked fine:
https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2/issues/280#issuecomment-429624549

Hey guys first time posting, after updating my screen is changing back-and-forth from normal to kind of a bluish tent.
I had same problem just go to System preferences/ display and uncheck High Dynamic Range!
Bam! looks mint!
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 4.20.52 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back