Intel Iris Graphics 540
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

thanks to this great guide, I installed Sierra (10.12.3) successfully on my Intel NUC. My HDMI monitor usually works perfectly well, but:
  • When my computer wakes from sleep mode or
  • when I turn my monitor off and on again,
it displays nothing but a scrambled and flickering mouse pointer/spinning wheel. You can move the corrupted pointer, but it is useless as it has no macOS surface to click on. I have to turn off my computer by long pressing the power button.

I tried different HDMI cables and monitors. One monitor worked properly (my TV), another had the same issue.

What I found out so far:
  • The display EDID shown in Windows 10 (128b length) is different from the EDID detected under macOS (IODisplayEDID, 256b length)
  • Injecting the EDID from Windows via Clover shows no effect
  • The S/L/Displays/Overrides/... technique didn't solve the problem either
I don't know the cause of this problem and wether injecting the EDID is the right way to go, so I'm asking for your help :thumbup:

Hello,

thanks to this great guide, I installed Sierra (10.12.3) successfully on my Intel NUC. My HDMI monitor usually works perfectly well, but:
  • When my computer wakes from sleep mode or
  • when I turn my monitor off and on again,
it displays nothing but a scrambled and flickering mouse pointer/spinning wheel. You can move the corrupted pointer, but it is useless as it has no macOS surface to click on. I have to turn off my computer by long pressing the power button.

I tried different HDMI cables and monitors. One monitor worked properly (my TV), another had the same issue.

What I found out so far:
  • The display EDID shown in Windows 10 (128b length) is different from the EDID detected under macOS (IODisplayEDID, 256b length)
  • Injecting the EDID from Windows via Clover shows no effect
  • The S/L/Displays/Overrides/... technique didn't solve the problem either
I don't know the cause of this problem and wether injecting the EDID is the right way to go, so I'm asking for your help :thumbup:
Read this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-intel-skylake-nuc.183839/
Have you working power management and IGPU power management?
Are you also using the right plattform ID for Intel Iris 540?

Read this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-intel-skylake-nuc.183839/
Have you working power management and IGPU power management?
Are you also using the right plattform ID for Intel Iris 540?

I used the guide from ammulder to install El Capitan a few months ago. My monitor worked fine then, so I should work with Sierra as well...

I tried this ig-platform-id values in Clover's config.plist:
0x19160000 (with Inject > Intel = false)
0x19260002 (with Inject > Intel = true)

My graphics card is correctly recognized as "Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB" in both cases.

Power management seems to work properly as there were no problems with sleep/wake when I used the TV as HDMI display. I followed the guide from RehabMan to create some files for EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched (like SSDT-IGPU.aml).

@FivyBridge: I´m having the same issue with my 6i7KYK NUC. Also been using the same guide from Rehabman as you did and also using config.plist as provided by the guide. All works great except sleep. I´m at least able to recover from sleep at least once or twice before your described behaviour kicks in. Wondering if anybody will be able to help here to get it resolved.

I'm having this EXACT SAME PROBLEM but on an i7-6700 & GA-Z170-HD3 mobo with HD 530 onboard graphics. My machine is supposed to run as a server but it can't even stay running because of this problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back