Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
Hello, im in year 10 and because our school does a thing called the IB i must do a project that requires me to make, do or research something i am interested in. I have decided to make a Dual boot computer because my mum and dad like using mac and my brother will be using it too only he likes to play games so he'll be using windows 7. I have made 5 computers in my life time and know exactly what to do but i am asking and making sure with the community that my parts will be compatible. I have been researching what boot flags and drivers i will need so im pretty sure what im going to do but this is my link for parts ill be getting. Btw im going with the Z87 socket (lga 1150)
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=192646&action=wish_lists

Please make a comment with your opinion as to what i must do or could do with booting, or drivers etc every comment will be taken into account because im still researching.

Hello, im in year 10 and because our school does a thing called the IB i must do a project that requires me to make, do or research something i am interested in. I have decided to make a Dual boot computer because my mum and dad like using mac and my brother will be using it too only he likes to play games so he'll be using windows 7. I have made 5 computers in my life time and know exactly what to do but i am asking and making sure with the community that my parts will be compatible. I have been researching what boot flags and drivers i will need so im pretty sure what im going to do but this is my link for parts ill be getting. Btw im going with the Z87 socket (lga 1150)
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=192646&action=wish_lists

Please make a comment with your opinion as to what i must do or could do with booting, or drivers etc every comment will be taken into account because im still researching.

The PSU is a bit overkill - suggest a 500-550 Watt
Every Asus optical drive I have tried squeals every 10-15 minutes to check if there is a disc in the tray, Hate the sound, and it interrupts sleep. Recommend you go with a Pioneer instead - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=658_667&products_id=20737

Otherwise your build should be OK. Don't know if your budget would stand it, but 16Gb of RAM and a SSD for a boot drive would be a great improvement. Also recommend installing your Win7 and OS X on separate drives. It makes for a much more stable system and is easier to maintain.

Yeah, if you look closer you can see that im buying two hard drives. But with ssd's do you not have other problems with them? ill do some research on that :) And for the power supply i might downgrade it to a 650w or a 600W is that okai?.

Yeah, if you look closer you can see that im buying two hard drives. But with ssd's do you not have other problems with them? ill do some research on that :) And for the power supply i might downgrade it to a 650w or a 600W is that okai?.

:thumbup:

An SSD will speed the boot process and your apps processing time greatly. I only use platter drives for storage not the price of SSDs has come down.

When i install the software and drivers what do you think ill need? i know what to do with audio and im fairly sure with my GPU but with certain parts i have would i need to have anything unusual? :roll2:

When i install the software and drivers what do you think ill need? i know what to do with audio and im fairly sure with my GPU but with certain parts i have would i need to have anything unusual? :roll2:

UniBeast USB to install OS X and MultiBeast from the forum downloads to install the needed kexts to allow you to boot from HDD/SSD and get audio and networking going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back