On board
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built a machine with a GigaByte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming mother board using Unibeast, and Multibeast. It has a SSD drive for the boot device, and has two SATA spinning disk HDD drives installed. When I boot from a powered-off state, Disk Utility can see all three drives. However, if I restart the computer, without powering off, disk utility only shows the SSD drive.

For troubleshooting, during a restart, I have gone into the UEFI bios and verified that it can still see the spinning disk HDDs. I let the system continue to reboot, but when complete, OS X can only see the SSD drive.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

I just built a machine with a GigaByte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming mother board using Unibeast, and Multibeast. It has a SSD drive for the boot device, and has two SATA spinning disk HDD drives installed. When I boot from a powered-off state, Disk Utility can see all three drives. However, if I restart the computer, without powering off, disk utility only shows the SSD drive.

For troubleshooting, during a restart, I have gone into the UEFI bios and verified that it can still see the spinning disk HDDs. I let the system continue to reboot, but when complete, OS X can only see the SSD drive.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
I've stumbled upon the solution. I rearranged my SATA connections so the drives use consecutive SATA interfaces. Prior to this, the drives were using SATA interfaces 1, 3, and 5. Now I have them cabled to use 0, 1, and 2. When I reboot now, all the drives are available.

I have the same problem. Reconnecting the drive physically to another SATA port is the way to go then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back