Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
I just upgraded to Monterey (12.0.1) last night. Before the upgrade when running Big Sur, I was able to see my boot drive (NVMe) and my 4 internal hard drives connected via SATA. After the Monterey upgrade, I can only see the boot drive connected via NVMe on the desktop and in Disk Utility. What is weird though is that I can see the SATA hard drives in the System Info utility. I can also see the SATA hard drives when booting into the BIOS config.

All of this is on a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard running BIOS version F22g with an i7-6700K CPU and a RX 580 GPU. SMBIOS is configured as iMacPro1,1. Config file for OpenCore 0.7.5 b34c2dd attached (using 0.7.5 as an experiment to see if it would get me past ExitBS issue).

The debug items I've tried so far:

1) Upgrade and downgrade the BIOS version. F22g is the latest available right now.
2) Tried many different BIOS config settings.
3) Updated to nightly OpenCore release.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this issue so I can access my SATA drives again normally.

System Information.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.3 KB · Views: 56
I don't know the underlying cause, but I did figure out a solution. In my attempt to restore bluetooth functionality (still a work in progress), I removed BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext from my opencore install. That resulted in a much faster boot time and the restoration of my SATA drives.

Now on to actually fixing the bluetooth.

Thank you for the pointer. Unfortunately, I seem to have one of the chipsets not quite supported yet as I get a Kernel panic upon boot when adding BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext back in. According to system information, I have a BCM_4350C2 chip.

Thank you for the pointer. Unfortunately, I seem to have one of the chipsets not quite supported yet as I get a Kernel panic upon boot when adding BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext back in. According to system information, I have a BCM_4350C2 chip.
you may have to wait for updated kexts

also try without BrcmFirmwareData.kext, & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext etc, just keep BlueToolFixup

I'm expecting I will have to be patient. I did try without BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, but that resulted in the same kernel panic which tells me this is something with the new BlueToolFixup.kext.

I appreciate you jumping in to help me out.

I'm expecting I will have to be patient. I did try without BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, but that resulted in the same kernel panic which tells me this is something with the new BlueToolFixup.kext.

I appreciate you jumping in to help me out.
the other week i purchased BCM94360NG for my laptop, it requires no kext as it is fully supported and works well in Monterey with no issues, Airdrop/Handoff/Continuity/instant hotspot and all the other features works great...

Thank you for the heads up. I just ordered a BCM94360NG and a M.2 NGFF to PCIe adapter card. Won't arrive until next week, but I'll report back when I receive them and install them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back