i7-4770K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!

This week I purchased a new graphics card and it is recognized in the system report but in ‘Kext’ section it says: “ No Kext Loaded”. I already have ‘Lilu’ and ‘whatever green’ in the extensions but have not solved the issue. Does anyone have any ideas of a possible fix that doesn’t involve upgrading the OS?

Graphics card: Sapphire Vega 56 8 GB

Hi guys!

This week I purchased a new graphics card and it is recognized in the system report but in ‘Kext’ section it says: “ No Kext Loaded”. I already have ‘Lilu’ and ‘whatever green’ in the extensions but have not solved the issue. Does anyone have any ideas of a possible fix that doesn’t involve upgrading the OS?

Graphics card: Sapphire Vega 56 8 GB

You have Sierra 10.12.0? The OS has no support for Vega. I believe you will need MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 or later for full Vega support.

If you want to keep running Sierra, try updating to 10.12.6 and see if it works. But if it doesn't even with Lilu and WhateverGreen, then you have no choice but to upgrade to High Sierra if you want the Vega card to work.

Hi JamesBond007, thank you so much for the tip. I had read about compatibility with high Sierra and thought this would be my best bet. I have already created a bootable usb drive with a full copy of high Sierra 10.13.4 but could not get it to install. I don’t wanna update it but install it in a fresh HDD. Do you know of any guides for a fresh install or can I update with the provided update guide for High Sierra ? Even with the full installer (5GB). I’m asking because now the App Store only downloads the 22mb version but I was able to download this full version a while back in anticipation of one day having to fresh install it. Please let me know and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back