Hello,
I have the Following Setup that I upgraded this week Hardware & Software:

Gigabyte Z170n-WiFi
i7-6700K
32GB RAM

Upgraded Hardware:
Sapphire RX590 Nitro +
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

Upgraded Software: From Sierra To Latest Mojave 10.14.2.

I had the "Prohibition Sign" problem that solved by upgrading the motherboard Firmware from F6 To F20i.

After adding the RX590 - i have everything working, HDMI audio in direct connection the TV.
when i trying to connect the RX590 to the Pioneer Receiver as it was previously connected with the HD530 (HDMI Audio worked) - the receiver input signal is flickering all the time.
when trying to restart with only the receiver connected - a bit after middle of the bar under the Apple logo - the screen goes black. if i connect the TV & then hot switching to the receiver - the same issue - black screen.
If i connect both of them - the direct TV connection works - but on the receiver connection - i can't get signal to the TV.
The system recognize both of them.

Note that when i connect both of them - the refresh rate is dropping from 60hz to 30hz.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Attachments

• System Information Graphics.png
    System Information Graphics.png
    145 KB · Views: 69
  • System Preferences Monitors.png
    System Preferences Monitors.png
    767 KB · Views: 72
Have you tried lowering the resolution the the receiver OR making sure the receiver is set to “Pass Through”

Your model doesn’t support 4K EXCEPT to pass it through to the display.

Have you tried lowering the resolution the the receiver OR making sure the receiver is set to “Pass Through”

Your model doesn’t support 4K EXCEPT to pass it through to the display.

This Model (VSX930) support 4K on all ports, really not "pass it through".
This is not a receiver problem as it have Xbox One X connected to it, that works with HDR & Dolby ATMOS.

Have you tried a DisplayPort to hdmi adapter? hDMI only supports 30Hz @4K in Apple. DisplayPort has 60Hz support.

So I needed to buy an adapter that support DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b - as I want the option for HDR down the road.
It Was expensive but do the work, and now it works through the VSX930.

BUT - the thing i still don't understand is why connecting the HDMI directly to the TV do work at 4K/60Hz ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back