Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire RX580 Pulse - No video from HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the crashes seem completely unrelated. One was from Pasteasy and the other was just the kernel. There doesn't seem to be anything consistent. Did the system ever run reliably? Is it stable in Windows?
I haven't tried Windows. It did run reasonably reliable on HDMI except for when I would use Final Cut. Now it's just crashing at random. I may switch back to HDMI and see if that helps anything. Like I said... this had been a nightmare of a build. I bought the RX 580 thinking the graphics card was the problem but now I have no idea.

I haven't tried Windows. It did run reasonably reliable on HDMI except for when I would use Final Cut. Now it's just crashing at random. I may switch back to HDMI and see if that helps anything. Like I said... this had been a nightmare of a build. I bought the RX 580 thinking the graphics card was the problem but now I have no idea.

DisplayPort or HDMI shouldn't cause the random crashes you are having. I think something else is the problem. Because there's no consistency to your crashes it's going to be hard to figure out what's the problem.

Yeah, it sucks. I tested the memory awhile back and all passed. Every part I have is under a year old. All bought new, none used. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Yeah, it sucks. I tested the memory awhile back and all passed. Every part I have is under a year old. All bought new, none used. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Try double checking the CPU heatsink. Sometimes over tightening can cause instabilities.

Another update on this. I decided to run MemTest just to test my ram again... and wow. Over 11,000 errors. So my question is... does this mean all of my ram is bad?! I guess I could test them one by one. I'm just flabbergasted at this point. I've attached the log just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpeg
    IMG_0795.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • MemTest86 Log.txt
    164.6 KB · Views: 95
Another update on this. I decided to run MemTest just to test my ram again... and wow. Over 11,000 errors. So my question is... does this mean all of my ram is bad?! I guess I could test them one by one. I'm just flabbergasted at this point. I've attached the log just in case.

Are you using XMP memory setting in clover?

If you use it there are two settings, one in clover and one on the motherboard bios settings. You need to set both to have it work correctly.

Also, some people have issues when running XMP mode, and disable it in both locations.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.26.34 PM.png

I went ahead and tested the chips one by one and all of them passed except for one. So anyway, gonna get rid of the bad one and hope and pray that was the cause of my crashes. I re-tested the 2 good chips together this morning and they passed again. Going to open some Photoshop stuff along with messing around in Final Cut to see if the crashes still occur.

As far as XMP, it was turned off in BIOS but turned on in Clover, I went ahead and shut it off in Clover just in case. After that I re-tested the bad chip and it still came up with errors. So yeah, it's done for.

Another update. As of now it's started crashing again. Tested the ram one more time and both chips passed (32gb). I also ran a stress test through wine called BurnInTest and all passed. The only other thing I know to do is to check the cpu heatsink, clean it, and put new paste on it. I'm also thinking about buying a new power supply just for the heck of it to see if that helps. I've attached the temps I'm usually getting. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I guess another thing I could do is use another drive and install Windows on it and see if it's stable but that's just another hassle. If you guys have any other ideas I'm all ears. Or if you know if anymore reliable hardware tests that I could run that would be helpful too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.55.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.55.28 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Another update. As of now it's started crashing again. Tested the ram one more time and both chips passed (32gb). I also ran a stress test through wine called BurnInTest and all passed. The only other thing I know to do is to check the cpu heatsink, clean it, and put new paste on it. I'm also thinking about buying a new power supply just for the heck of it to see if that helps. I've attached the temps I'm usually getting. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I guess another thing I could do is use another drive and install Windows on it and see if it's stable but that's just another hassle. If you guys have any other ideas I'm all ears. Or if you know if anymore reliable hardware tests that I could run that would be helpful too.

Does the system crash when running Windows or Linux? If either of those run without crashing, then it might be software related in macOS.

Does the system crash when running Windows or Linux? If either of those run without crashing, then it might be software related in macOS.
I haven't tried Windows yet. Like I said that's another rabbit trail I could go down but I'd have to install Photoshop and some kind of video editing program to replicate what I'm doing on macOS. It likes to crash when using Photoshop and Final Cut but today it was crashing at random, like browsing Firefox, simple tasks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back