Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire RX580 Pulse - No video from HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. @jb007 has been working with me on getting the USB reporting and the headless video situation working for QuickView and Preview.
A big part of that was ensuring that my WeG and Lilu versions were current. The problem seemed to be with some older kexts and patches that had been loaded in my desperate efforts to clear this issue. Obviously there were some conflicts.

I have just now (literally minutes ago) completed that task successfully and, ALL GPU outputs are functioning perfectly now!

The HackinAorusPro is 100% functional now.

A HUGE Thanks to @jb007 @HackaShaq @Stork and everyone else here for helping a noob build a perfect beast! Now.... on to my GB Z370N MiniMax build.
Hey @HackinMax , sorry to bump this thread. I'm in desperate need of help with my RX 580. I came across this post and figured it was worth a shot. Mine has been crashing every time I work with Final Cut and sometimes with Photoshop for no reason. Display Ports do not work at all, just HDMI and I've also had problems with Preview not working. I've literally tried everything. If there are any tips you could give me I would seriously appreciate it! I'm almost to the point of selling this thing.

Thanks so much!

Hey @HackinMax , sorry to bump this thread. I'm in desperate need of help with my RX 580. I came across this post and figured it was worth a shot. Mine has been crashing every time I work with Final Cut and sometimes with Photoshop for no reason. Display Ports do not work at all, just HDMI and I've also had problems with Preview not working. I've literally tried everything. If there are any tips you could give me I would seriously appreciate it! I'm almost to the point of selling this thing.

Thanks so much!

Either enable IGPU and configure it correctly in config.plist or switch to iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Either enable IGPU and configure it correctly in config.plist or switch to iMacPro1,1 system definition.
Pretty sure I've tried enabling IGPU. What do you mean by configuring it correctly in config.plist? I'll give the iMacPro1,1 a try. I've attached my EFI folder if you guys want to take a look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 86
Pretty sure I've tried enabling IGPU. What do you mean by configuring it correctly in config.plist? I'll give the iMacPro1,1 a try. I've attached my EFI folder if you guys want to take a look.

Please enable IGPU in BIOS and assign 96MB or more to it and try this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 77
Please enable IGPU in BIOS and assign 96MB or more to it and try this EFI folder.
I tried the iMacPro1,1 first and heck... it fixed my display ports! I've opened a couple Photoshop projects and no crashes yet. I still need to test Final Cut. Preview works now as well. You think this fix will work okay in the long run?

I will try that EFI folder next if I run into the same problem. Thanks so much for helping!

Last edited:
I tried the iMacPro1,1 first and heck... it fixed my display ports! I've opened a couple Photoshop projects and no crashes yet. I still need to test Final Cut. Preview works now as well. You think this will fix will work okay in the long run?

I will try that EFI folder next if I run into the same problem. Thanks so much for helping!

Yes, it will work in the long run. If you decide to use iMacPro1,1 system definition, disable IGPU in BIOS.

Just reporting back. It was stable until today and finally started crashing again. I also tried your suggestion above and went back to iMac 18,3 and turned on IGPU w/96MB along with your EFI folder (that's what I'm currently using now). Should I increase that number for the IGPU?... I really thought this did the trick and now I'm bummed again.

Just reporting back. It was stable until today and finally started crashing again. I also tried your suggestion above and went back to iMac 18,3 and turned on IGPU w/96MB along with your EFI folder (that's what I'm currently using now). Should I increase that number for the IGPU?... I really thought this did the trick and now I'm bummed again.

Do you have any crash logs from when you were using iMacPro1,1?

Pretty sure these are correct. Let me know if you see anything fishy.

Attachments

• iMac Pro 1,1 Crash.txt
    81.6 KB · Views: 109
  • iMac 18,3 Most Recent Crash.txt
    79.2 KB · Views: 58
Pretty sure these are correct. Let me know if you see anything fishy.

Both the crashes seem completely unrelated. One was from Pasteasy and the other was just the kernel. There doesn't seem to be anything consistent. Did the system ever run reliably? Is it stable in Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back