Contribute
Register

Sapphire RX580 not properly utilized in Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to what Gigamaxx said, I also suggest moving all the kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Also, AppleALC.kext will probably help you get audio working.

In config.plist > Graphics , uncheck the Inject Intel and use the Intel FB Patcher utility to configure your config.plist instead.

I think that once the Intel FB Patcher has properly injected ig-platform-id, things will work correctly.

OP mentioned the mulitmonitor disabled and set to PCI as primary.
Maybe set IGPU as primary then set DVMT ram allocation to 64mb minimum and the set to PCI as primary again and save changes.

Now with IGPU partially activated you may want to set Device ID to 0x04128086 and ig to 0x0d220003 for proper IGPU function. I noticed the intel inject but if IGPU is deactivated it doesn’t show up in clover boot menu and has no effect.

Let us know if you can do these if not I can repost your config.plist with these changes but you will have to do bios settings.

Maybe set IGPU as primary then set DVMT ram allocation to 64mb minimum and the set to PCI as primary again and save changes.

Now with IGPU partially activated you may want to set Device ID to 0x04128086 and ig to 0x0d220003 for proper IGPU function. I noticed the intel inject but if IGPU is deactivated it doesn’t show up in clover boot menu and has no effect.

Let us know if you can do these if not I can repost your config.plist with these changes but you will have to do bios settings.

Yes, IGPU should be enabled. But with latest WhateverGreen, new method of ig-platform-id injection should be used as per this guide.

You have Cuda drivers ion there.

Cleaned up the kexts, and updated Clover to 4700, thanks! Also removed the extra ethernet kext.

In addition to what Gigamaxx said, I also suggest moving all the kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Also, AppleALC.kext will probably help you get audio working.

In config.plist > Graphics , uncheck the Inject Intel and use the Intel FB Patcher utility to configure your config.plist instead.

I think that once the Intel FB Patcher has properly injected ig-platform-id, things will work correctly.

Thank you! updated everything, and will test now. Intel FB Patcher looks like quite the task! I'll have to give that a shot in the next few days as I don't have easy access to the back of my machine. At one point Toleda said that properly mapping my USB ports would fix my sleep issues - is this the same thing?

This is a little over my head but I can definitely do the BIOS part of the settings. Let me test and I'll post in a bit!

After applying the changes (removing intel inject and cleaning up the kexts) I have full GPU usage!! Was able to set Fortnite (as my test app) to all ultra settings and locked to 60FPS at 1280x800 windowed, and it was buttery smooth. Thank you so much to both of you!! I don’t understand what happened but it works!!

If this is something that would still help me, I would love the help in implementing it, thank you!

Yes, IGPU should be enabled. But with latest WhateverGreen, new method of ig-platform-id injection should be used as per this guide.

Now that it’s working, should I still do the IntelFB patch when I can? Anything else you might’ve noticed in my EFI that needs attention?

Thank you again all!

After applying the changes (removing intel inject and cleaning up the kexts) I have full GPU usage!! Was able to set Fortnite (as my test app) to all ultra settings and locked to 60FPS at 1280x800 windowed, and it was buttery smooth. Thank you so much to both of you!! I don’t understand what happened but it works!!

If this is something that would still help me, I would love the help in implementing it, thank you!

Now that it’s working, should I still do the IntelFB patch when I can? Anything else you might’ve noticed in my EFI that needs attention?

Thank you again all!

if its working well and you don't have issues with apps you should be fine. There are some apps like FCPX for video rendering that may require IGPU support nut most apps don't require that. config.plist. Here's the plist edited for Haswell IGPU. if your IGPU is not activated you won't need it but if you want to try it go for it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 168
if its working well and you don't have issues with apps you should be fine. There are some apps like FCPX for video rendering that may require IGPU support nut most apps don't require that. config.plist. Here's the plist edited for Haswell IGPU. if your IGPU is not activated you won't need it but if you want to try it go for it.

Thank you! In my BIOS I don’t have a way to turn on or off the iGPU directly; I can only set which one is the default, or select “Auto”.

To use that patch, should I set it to Auto and enable iGPU Multi monitor support?

Thank you! In my BIOS I don’t have a way to turn on or off the iGPU directly; I can only set which one is the default, or select “Auto”.

To use that patch, should I set it to Auto and enable iGPU Multi monitor support?

If you want to enable IGPU, set your discrete graphics to default and enable multi monitor support.

If you want to enable IGPU, set your discrete graphics to default and enable multi monitor support.

Thanks, I'll do that!

One last question: This is the first time I've ever gotten full use out of a GPU on macOS. When testing in Fortnite, not matter what level of quality settings I choose (all low and 30fps, or all ultra and 60fps) iStat shows that the GPU is at 100%? is that normal? The load seems to fluctuate, but I'm unsure how that's different than processor usage.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll do that!

One last question: This is the first time I've ever gotten full use out of a GPU on macOS. When testing in Fortnite, not matter what level of quality settings I choose (all low and 30fps, or all ultra and 60fps) iStat shows that the GPU is at 100%? is that normal? The load seems to fluctuate, but I'm unsure how that's different than processor usage.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the GPU usage reading is incorrect. I sometimes see 100% usage at idle. I would ignore that reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back