Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got a great deal on this GPU, wasn't 100 certain if it would work, since there seem to be divided opinions. Did a fresh install with UniBeast/10.14.2, GPU recognized as RX 580 8 GB. No sound, after Multibeast with Apple.ALC, sound working (lucky guess, wasn't sure which one to use). Did a backup of my current system, 10.12.6, could not make it work with this GPU (guess EFI and config.plist needed some work), but could not be bothered fussing around. Upgraded to 10.14.2, again booting with USB UniBeast. All went fine again, no data loss, GPU recognized, sound after Multibeast.

Geekbench
iMac14,2
Single-Core Score Multi-Core Score (low end CPU)
3929 7.397
OpenCL Score

Unigine_Heaven
Avg 68fps in High

Cinebench
OpenGL 92.07 fps
CPU 348 cb

Ordered a 2nd one earlier today for my other mackintosh, it's a steal, for $135. No need to think twice.

I’m interested to know where too?

Hello, don't you have random freeze with this card? I've got the same and everything is working except sometimes everything freezes (my mouse is moving but has display artefact and can't click on anything)and i have to reboot the os by pushing the power button if you don't have this problem maybe you can send a post with your EFI config.plist ,it would help me big deal thank you and happy new year!

Hi, so far so good. No issues at all. Knock on wood!!!

Only issue at the moment is my webcam, doesn't get enough juice. USB ports work with flash drives, but webcam not powering up. Works on my other machine.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 86
thank you so much joliv999 i'll study your set up and try to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back