Contribute
Register

Sapphire RX580 freezes with com.apple.DumpGPURestart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seeing com.apple.DumpGPURestart errors in /var/log/system.log as well?
Yep. Sometimes it's single restart causing 10-30 seconds freeze, but usually it's cyclic restart, that freezes system at all.

not, I can not solve the issue. systems freeze again is happening.
Seems that problem is not with macOS — for me it freezes on Linux too. I think there can be a problem with PSU.

Seems that problem is not with macOS — for me it freezes on Linux too. I think there can be a problem with PSU.
what do you mean with a PSU. I got a EVGA gold 750 PSU and freeze still happening.

Im using DP port Output. and freezing are less than before, but still happening.

I've been fighting these exact same issues ever since I installed an RX580 & upgraded to Mojave, the screen would randomly freeze but the system wouldn't crash (audio still playing in the background, mouse still moving, etc).

My system has been running great for 2 days straight now with heavy use and the solution was pretty simple for me: update the motherboard BIOS, and, if you're using an ASUS motherboard, disable ASUS multicore enhancement (I did both at the same time so I'm not sure which one was the actual working solution)

I was using an old BIOS from 2017, which was working perfectly on High Sierra with my GTX780 for over a year - so I didn't really think much of it and updating the BIOS was just a shot in the dark.

I'm using RX580 with UHD 630 iGPU (headless), WhateverGreen + Lilu, no injected platform-id, InjectATI disabled, InjectIntel disabled, RadeonDeInit disabled

I hope this works for you guys, this was definitely a frustrating issue to try and solve.

i'm facing the same issue : RX580, last lilu and WEG, iGPU activated and have randomly a GPU error : (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 1 seconds.

Someone fix this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back