Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Good afternoon,

I had a fully functioning hackintosh with the following specs:

Intel i7 3.1ghz
AsRock Z97 PRO4
16 gigs Crucial Memory
Asus GeForce GTX 660

After upgrading to Mojave (that was a nightmare... the whole .apfs file that had to be present on the USB... fun times) I was getting graphic artifacts, and after research discovered it was a known issue with the GTX card. So I decided to upgrade to one I THOUGHT (according to many sources) would work OOB, so I purchased a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 (8gb).

Everything started fine, loaded as usual, until it was time to present the desktop after the apple loading logo when nothing happened. The monitor indicates that an input signal is present, because the light on the monitor stays blue (instead of red which indicates no signal). I am also able to access the computer by screen sharing it with my macbook pro laptop, so I now the computer is functioning.

I have attempted many different smbios parameters, using lilu and whatevergreen, also attempting to use the display port and DVI port, and have had no success getting an image after apple logo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The ONLY other thought I have had is I read somewhere this card will not work in legacy mode...? And that I should turn off CSM on my motherboard to insure this, but this resulted in 5 beeps (cpu error?) and then it reverted back to its legacy boot options. Bizarre.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have done a tremendous amount of reading/research, and none of the solutions offered seem to apply to me.

Last edited:
Hello tunasampler,

I was in the same boat as you the same day, only difference is I was coming from a GTX 670 lol.

I was able to get it working by adding these autoselect settings: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ck-screen-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/post-1906898

It will probably will be a bigger boost to yours, but I was a little disappointed with the performance in world of warcraft. The last time I ran the 670 like a month or 2 ago seem to be able to play the game with almost all maxed out settings since they made the game multi-thread supported. I think the only change I did since was updated to the latest Mojave and WoW got a patch, so maybe the patch messed things up in performance.

**Luxmark reports the card as 300mhz in lates Mojave, but everyone seem to agree that is a bug in how the OS and software reports it. I kinda agree as the score wouldn't be 13k+ if it wasn't working properly.

Hopefully it works out for you.

If the patch from the previous post does not help, buy DisplayPort HDMI adapter. It helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back