Contribute
Register

Sapphire RX 580 and Catalina 7mb/8mb VRAM !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In clover, you input the fake_id as : DDDDVVVV, Device_id + Vendor_id

now, you want to injecting the device properties using whatevergreen
the property key already tell you this field is just about device-id

[1002:67DF]
1002 : vendor-id
67DF : device-id

This data field is 4 bytes long (DDDD0000), the device-id will be DDDD0000 -> DF670000 (Mac system always use little-endian, swaps the byte)

or Base64
Code:
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                32cAAA==
                </data>
Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow

Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow

It may be the PCI address. The first post with Hackintool spread the screen out and find the full PCI numbers to the far right. They may be different

It may be the PCI address. The first post with Hackintool spread the screen out and find the full PCI numbers to the far right. They may be different
I copied the path from Hackintool,
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.30 AM.png

and paste it the new device property
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.46.01 AM.png
I have a Kernel Panic -> with automatic reboot
If I erase the device property, I can boot .... with no VRAM

Is there a way to check the device property with clover screen ?

I finally succeeded to boot with new boot property
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.07.29 AM.png

Hackintool show it
The device name is "???" and VRAM is still 7mB/8mB
Any Advice ... apart flashing the BIOS' GPU ?
Thank again

View attachment 446122
Hackintool show it
Thank again

That’s weird you got the device ID to take but the name now goes to ????

There’s another option that will require editing the info plist of a few Kexts. I’ll make a quick video of how to do it and attach to my next post. You will need to use hackintool “tool” option and select the 3rd symboling the bottom right side to disable gatekeeper before editing the Kexts. Make a folder and place spare Kexts that will need editing on the desktop in case you need to revert back.
Go to the top tool bar and select Finder then go to Prefernces and select the box next to hard drives. Now your drive will show in the desktop.
moons the drive and go to System/Library/Extensions folder. Scroll down and drag copies of the AMD9500controller, AMD4000kext, and AMD4000Hardware Kexts. Keep these as spares.

Last edited:
That’s weird you got the device ID to take but the name now goes to ????

There’s another option that will require editing the info plist of a few Kexts. I’ll make a quick video of how to do it and attach to my next post. You will need to use hackintool “tool” option and select the 3rd symboling the bottom right side to disable gatekeeper before editing the Kexts. Make a folder and place spare Kexts that will need editing on the desktop in case you need to revert back.
Go to the top tool bar and select Finder then go to Prefernces and select the box next to hard drives. Now your drive will show in the desktop.
moons the drive and go to System/Library/Extensions folder. Scroll down and drag copies of the AMD9500controller, AMD4000kext, and AMD4000Hardware Kexts. Keep these as spares.
Thank you again !!:thumbup:
I wait the video
I think I have missing Kext, no ???
AMD4000kext, and AMD4000Hardware Kexts or is it
AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext
AMDRadeonX4000.kext?

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.47.08 AM.png

Last edited:
Thank you again !!:thumbup:
I wait the video
I think I have missing Kext, no ???
AMD4000kext, and AMD4000Hardware Kexts or is it
AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext
AMDRadeonX4000.kext?

View attachment 446124

Watch the video, I edited the kexts to show you how. I included the edited kexts for Catalina version of the kexts. If you don't have Xcode then try these pre edited kexts. The video shows how to edit the kext but I only did one and replaced one using the folder provided. I did a video of the whole process but it was too large to upload here. What version of Catalina are you on. If you make a folder like the one I provide and right click and compress it then upload it I can dotes edits for you on your original plists. Note: They must be labeled in separate folders like I did so you don't mix them up. Watch the video a few times before attempting. Right click to get the "show package contents"option.

1. Make sure to run Hackintool to disable gatekeeper.

2. After adding/replacing the info.plists use Hackintool to repair permissions and rebuild caches.

3. Start with the 9500controllerkext only first to see if it shows up any different in Hackintool after reboot then add the others the same way.

4. After replacing the info.plist make sure to place the arrow/pointer over the "contents" folder and make sure you get both the "Authenticate" and "replace" prompts before the password screen. If you only get the Authenticate and not the replace then canceling do again.

****Disclaimer: warning this may screw up the ability to boot so test at your own risk. You may have to replace all these fixes with the spare kexts form a remote system t get back to where you are now.****

Attachments

• info.plist for 6FDF1002 Packet.zip
    9 KB · Views: 116
  • info.plist edit for 6FDF1002.mov.zip
    94.1 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
View attachment 446122
Hackintool show it
Thank again

hackintool shows that the device-id is 0xDF67, not 0x67DF

since hackintool cannot found the device 0xDF67 from the pci.ids lookup table, therefore the Device Name is unknown ???

maybe something wrong in the device properties key

hackintool shows that the device-id is 0xDF67, not 0x67DF

since hackintool cannot found the device 0xDF67 from the pci.ids lookup table, therefore the Device Name is unknown ???

maybe something wrong in the device properties key
I open my config.plist with plistPro (I don't have Xcode on this computer)
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.25.47 PM.png

Something is wrong I think. Maybe Clover configurator did this ??
I replace "Z98AAA==" By "32cAAA==" and I get a Kernel Panic on reboot

Another thing is strange config.plist is the testing with "device properties", configBU.plist has none
Restarting with configBU doesn't work also.... I need to boot from o completely different EFI Folder from an USB key. I quite don't understand. Any explanation ?

Thanks again anyone for the Help

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.51.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.53.04 PM.png

I'm little bit confused
The first one give a kernel panic, the second boot with no fixing the VRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back