Contribute
Register

Sapphire RX 580 and Catalina 7mb/8mb VRAM !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post your EFI folder.

Also, have you tried disabling CSM in BIOS?
Yess I disabled CMS in the BIOS
Here is the EFI Folder
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• EFI RX580 2048sp.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 250
Device ID 0x6FDF? Shouldn’t it be 0x67DF?

Check the clover boot menu using cursor to go to Options then to graphics settings. Check the device ID, if it lists as 6FDF then try fake ID 0x67DF1002. I just checked there is no 6FDF in info plist so hopefully that Id is not real. If so it may be needed to flash the bios for OS to work.
I tried to fake it :
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.55.58 PM.png

But it is still 6FDF in Hackintool
Why did I do wrong ?
Thanks

Yess I disabled CMS in the BIOS
Here is the EFI Folder
Thanks a lot

You have more Clover drivers than you need. On Z370, you should not need EmuVarialbeUefi.efi, VBoxHfs.efi isn't needed if you have HFSPlus.efi, and you can probably just use AptioMemoryFix instead of OcQuirks.

But, none of that should interfere with you GPU. I don't know if the Fake device-id for ATI is needed or not.

You have more Clover drivers than you need. On Z370, you should not need EmuVarialbeUefi.efi, VBoxHfs.efi isn't needed if you have HFSPlus.efi, and you can probably just use AptioMemoryFix instead of OcQuirks.

But, none of that should interfere with you GPU. I don't know if the Fake device-id for ATI is needed or not.
Thanks for all that information
I suppress EmuVarialbeUefi.efi, VBoxHfs.efi, OcQuirks.efi and I installed AptioMemoryFix instead:thumbup:

Last edited:
Check the clover boot menu using cursor to go to Options then to graphics settings. Check the device ID, if it lists as 6FDF then try fake ID 0x67DF1002.
I can't make it
Hackintool always show 6FDF Device ID.... If you can tell me how to properly do it
Thanks
I just checked there is no 6FDF in info plist so hopefully that Id is not real. If so it may be needed to flash the bios for OS to work.
Flash the bios .... of the GPU ? How ??
Thanks

I tried to fake it :
View attachment 445931
But it is still 6FDF in Hackintool
Why did I do wrong ?
Thanks
I can't make it
Hackintool always show 6FDF Device ID.... If you can tell me how to properly do it
Thanks

Flash the bios .... of the GPU ? How ??
Thanks

Try this first, use clover configurator and go to devices section and add the PCI info in blue, then add the device as shown only for the first lines shown. Devices hit the Properties tab.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 11.57.59 PM.png

Try this first, use clover configurator and go to devices section and add the PCI info in blue, then add the device as shown only for the first lines shown. Devices hit the Properties tab.

View attachment 445935
Thanks
It reboots.... during the startup
I'm little confused by the "properties value" of your screenshot. can you explained to me.
Why not DF670210 ?
Thanks again

If you have to flash the bios google Techpowerup they have the ATIflash utility and a repository of bios versions that will work. You will need to do it in Microsoft windows.
That will be my last option
Thanks

Thanks
It reboots.... during the startup
I'm little confused by the "properties value" of your screenshot. can you explained to me.
Why not DF670210 ?
Thanks again

In clover, you input the fake_id as : DDDDVVVV, Device_id + Vendor_id

now, you want to injecting the device properties using whatevergreen
the property key already tell you this field is just about device-id

[1002:67DF]
1002 : vendor-id
67DF : device-id

This data field is 4 bytes long (DDDD0000), the device-id will be DDDD0000 -> DF670000 (Mac system always use little-endian, swaps the byte)

or Base64
Code:
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                32cAAA==
                </data>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back