Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all. This is my first ever computer build. I decided to go Hackintosh b/c I love the OS, but wanted a faster chipset.

Build specs:
Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte Z68A-D3h-B3
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Blue
Antec Eco 650W Power Supply
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X 6770 Graphics Card

I bought the 6770 b/c I saw that the 5770 was supported by the latest Kexts (iMac 12,1 and 12,2) and the 6770 is supposed to be the same card as the 5770. Just different ROM and broader audio support for HDMI,

Anyway, used Multibeast 3.7.2 and iBoot 3.0.4

I booted up w/ the integrated Intel graphics chip on the mobo, which is stuck at 1024x768.

Added the iMac Kexts. Installed the 6770 - freezes on boot up.The computer identifies itself as an iMac w/ a 3.4GHz I7. awesome.

Added 0x68BA1002 to the ATI6000Controller Kext (Info.plist file) and ATIX3000 Kext
Set GraphocsEnabler=0. Put the modified Kext on the desktop and used KextBeast to install.

Booted up with -v switch for verbose boot up. Tried to use the frame buffers that notshy put in his post about adding ATI Kexts that is stickied here.

Set AtiConfig=xxxx - nothing worked. Hydrilla and Gidda caused the system to hang at
the screen which shows "system uptime xxxxx nanoseconds". All other choices caused my 6770 to load a black screen and made the fan on the 6770 go full speed. Also noticed a RED LED's on the board when this happened.

All connections were made using the same DVI cable. Had to remove the 6770 to get into OSX.

With the 6770 in, OSX will not even boot, even using safe mode. (-x switch).

Next, I thought, maybe I need to run the system utilities option in Multibeast. After that, the boot up never made it past the "ATI POSTed...using legacy space" section. It would error out.

At this point, I tried using setting PCIRootUID=0 and PCIRootUID=1, both didn't work. I wonder if running Multibeast w/ System utilities broke something.

I've seen that possibly adding the 6770 to the ATI.c file in Chimera can make this work, but no one has followed through. Can an admin send me a ATI.c file w/ the 6770 loaded?

I bought the card off Newegg, and want to return next week if I can't get this up.

I plan to buy a 6850 if I cant get the 6770 to work.

Please help!!!!

ijhu said:
It is best that you select the model that is widely used in the forum. That way it is safer.
exchange for the 6850 or 6870 would be my suggestion.

Yea, if I can't get it running, I think I'm going 6850. I noticed a lot of builds with 6870 like you said.

just to let anyone know, who ends up finding this thread....

i returned my card to newegg. they were kind enough to waive the restocking fee, b/c i told them it was incompatible w/ my os.

i ordered the sapphire 6870 card, and plan to follow the instruction on brickerz thread.

bai bai 6770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back