CPU
I5 9400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I replaced my gtx 1050 with Sapphire Radeon RX 560 PULSE 4GB GDDR5 for Mojave but sleep is not working. Everything is just fine in 10.13.6.
I tried RadeonDeInit in clover and also Lilu and Whatevergreen. Few seconds after sleep pc restarts, I see desktop for few seconds and the reboot. I use one hdmi and one DVi monitor. They both work before sleep. CSM disabled in bios. Tried smbios: Imac pro 1.1, Imac 16.2 and 18.2, Macpro 6.1. Card id is 0x67ff.
I don't know much about Ati because I always used Nvidia.
Maybe someone can help, thanks!

Last edited:
I replaced my gtx 1050 with Sapphire Radeon RX 560 PULSE 4GB GDDR5 for Mojave but sleep is not working. Everything is just fine in 10.13.6.
I tried RadeonDeInit in clover and also Lilu and Whatevergreen. Few seconds after sleep pc restarts, I see desktop for few seconds and the reboot. I use one hdmi and one DVi monitor. They both work before sleep. CSM disabled in bios. Tried smbios: Imac pro 1.1, Imac 16.2 and 18.2, Macpro 6.1. Card id is 0x67ff.
I don't know much about Ati because I always used Nvidia.
Maybe someone can help, thanks!

Did you toggle off PowerNap under Energy Saver on the System Preferences?

PowerNap was always off.

Hello Buttadeus,
I had the same problem for Mojave. Swapped GTX 970 for a RX 560 and then sleep/wake was not working anymore.

I solved the problem deleting the com.apple.PowerManagement files in /Library/Preferences/, see this post.

Now there is a little difference from before, the computer wake up only if I press the power button. While before I had just to move the mouse or type in the keyboard.

Regards
John

Last edited:
I am still having issues but I am using darkwake=0 and this command in terminal. sudo pmset -a standby 0

So my results are that I can sleep if I select it from the menu but system sleep does not work.

Sleep depends on USB injection, BIOS setting, pmset settings, PM settings, darkwake. GPU? No. You have one of the most compatible GPU.

Hello Buttadeus,
I had the same problem for Mojave. Swapped GTX 970 for a RX 560 and then sleep/wake was not working anymore.

I solved the problem deleting the com.apple.PowerManagement files in /Library/Preferences/, see this post.

Now there is a little difference from before, the computer wake up only if I press the power button. While before I had just to move the mouse or type in the keyboard.

Regards
John
Did that but the same. Coud you please tell me your clover settings regarding Graphics card?

I am still having issues but I am using darkwake=0 and this command in terminal. sudo pmset -a standby 0

So my results are that I can sleep if I select it from the menu but system sleep does not work.

I will try that, too.

Sleep depends on USB injection, BIOS setting, pmset settings, PM settings, darkwake. GPU? No. You have one of the most compatible GPU.
What's the use of what you said?

What's the use of what you said?

You are wondering why your computer can't sleep. I told you what you need for proper sleep.

Again:
  • custom SSDT for USB
  • some BIOS setting like Wake on lan=off
  • proper pmset setting
  • proper Power Managment settings
  • proper darkwake option
  • proper SMBIOS
  • properly injected kexts
Do you have all of this? I have no idea because you didn't provide any information.

Now you are trying random options to fix your problem. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
You said I don't need those things: "Sleep depends on USB injection, BIOS setting, pmset settings, PM settings, darkwake. GPU? No.".
I am not wondering, I just want to fix it.
How could I know if I have all of this? That's why I asked. You are just telling how smart you are and how stupid I am. Is how you learned?

You said I don't need those things: "Sleep depends on USB injection, BIOS setting, pmset settings, PM settings, darkwake. GPU? No.".
I am not wondering, I just want to fix it.
How could I know if I have all of this? That's why I asked. You are just telling how smart you are and how stupid I am. Is how Did you learn?

As I mentioned before, you didn’t provide any system information.

You should start here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back