Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I post here my little "bug". I installed hackintosh (El Capitan) without too much trouble (first time a hackintosh is ez!), and everything seems to be recognized and functional (even the network chipset!). Only problem, but the big: the graphics card.

So I have make some research and found some useful links on the forums (here for example, or another one here), on ****** too and here the result: it work partially.

I have the graphics card (the name) which is identified but no way to have the video 4GB of memory. I've changed the ID to 0x67B01002, chosen as FB Name Baladi, Radeon, I checked and also uncheck the "Inject ATI" but really no way to have 4096MB. I have say that I need to add some ATI Connector Patch/Data but not sure if it's needed?

Just for info, the graphic card is a Sapphire Radeon R9 290 (non x) Tri-X with 4GB ram

Here a screen of About this mac + config (in french... don't hate me guys!) : http://i.imgur.com/2RqeUXM.png
Dont know why it told it's a 30,5" inch too (it's just a 27") : http://i.imgur.com/jWG2bDH.png

It's my first post on tonymacx86, hope it's not redundant (or too much) and it will be helpful to another users.
Thank you mates!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 324
Little up with update :
I have just updated El Capitan to macOS Sierra (following this "guide"). Little changes on About this mac: card is not recognized now and displaying a "Monitor with 7mb ram". The System Inspector show now "No Kext Loaded" (See screenshot here). I'm trying some stuffs and will update this post as soon as something changed. Your help is obv welcome ;)

Hello Fl0r!an, thank you for your answer.
You can view my System Profiler -> Graphics here
awoAT0A.png

• ACPI -> FixDisplay is checked
  • Devices -> ATI : 0x67B01002
  • Graphics -> FB Name : Baladi
  • Graphics -> Inject ATI : unchecked (try with check but no work)
Sometimes, when I change some stuffs on Clover UEFI -> Options, I have a black screen with "No Signal" in HDMI. (need to restart the computer manually). I'm a newbie on the "Hackintosh Game", I've flying this thread but understand nothing lol.

Try altering FBName into any random string (e.g. "Radeon") and checking Inject / Ati. FakeID won't work without injection, and injecting "Baladi" without further framebuffer patches will most likely result in a black screen (due to port mapping mismatch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back