Contribute
Register

Sapphire Pulse RX 580 not fully working at 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DX58SO << need manufacturer >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
9800 GT
Hello friends, I have a problem getting my Sapphire Pulse RX 580 fully working at 4k. I am rocking Mojave 10.14.3 on a Gigabyte G77 MVP and I am trying to get 4k output from my RX 580 HDMI ports. The ports seem to work fine on smaller screens but during the boot process, when switching to the login screen at 4k output to my LG screen, I get black. I have tried WG with Lilu multiple times with no luck. I have removed all nvidia extensions and CUDA, turned off all injection in Clover and deactivated internal graphics in BIOS. I have also tried multiple System profiles including the 4k and 5k imac with no success. I also tried a DVI to HDMI adaptor and got the screen at 1080 with a red tint. I have ordered a 4k DP to HDMI adapter and hope that will work but not counting on it. I have read tons of threads on the RX 580 but still have not resolved this problem. Also, I am running Clover v2.4k rev 4769. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hello friends, I have a problem getting my Sapphire Pulse RX 580 fully working at 4k. I am rocking Mojave 10.14.3 on a Gigabyte G77 MVP and I am trying to get 4k output from my RX 580 HDMI ports. The ports seem to work fine on smaller screens but during the boot process, when switching to the login screen at 4k output to my LG screen, I get black. I have tried WG with Lilu multiple times with no luck. I have removed all nvidia extensions and CUDA, turned off all injection in Clover and deactivated internal graphics in BIOS. I have also tried multiple System profiles including the 4k and 5k imac with no success. I also tried a DVI to HDMI adaptor and got the screen at 1080 with a red tint. I have ordered a 4k DP to HDMI adapter and hope that will work but not counting on it. I have read tons of threads on the RX 580 but still have not resolved this problem. Also, I am running Clover v2.4k rev 4769. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi I have the same problem, have you resolved?
Any suggestion?
I have same card and a Samsung Monitor 4k but from hdmi I have only full hd signal...

Does your display support HDMI 2.0?

By all means try a DisplayPort to 4K HDMI adapter (not just normal HDMI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back