RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After adding New discrete GPU (SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB ) and adding kext WhateverGreen.kext and lilu.kext recent update to efi/clover/kexts/other/ folder boot screen goes Black I tried 2nd step by adding to /Library/Extensions/ but same issue. On integrated HD 4000 works Fine.
Now How to fix THIS ISSUE ?

My system:-
OS MOJAVE 10.14.2
Z77 with i7 3770k
16G RAM
SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 119
After adding New discrete GPU (SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB ) and adding kext WhateverGreen.kext and lilu.kext recent update to efi/clover/kexts/other/ folder boot screen goes Black I tried 2nd step by adding to /Library/Extensions/ but same issue. On integrated HD 4000 works Fine.

OS MOJAVE 10.14.2
Z77 with i7 3770k
16G RAM

Have you tried bios settings for PEG or PCIe as primary display output?

OS MOJAVE 10.14.2
Z77 with i7 3770k
16G RAM

Read here for RX 580 pulse/nitro help (2x DP, 2x HDMI, 1x DVI)

This method does NOT use Whatevergreen.
It’s also very important, if you’re using HDMI (I never tested DVI), that CSM is disabled in your BIOS.

I can confirm:
HDMI 4K @ 60HZ on both ports
HDMI & DP audio
HDMI hotplug working
Sleep/wake working on my machine

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nitro-se-black-screen-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/

Read here for RX 580 pulse/nitro help (2x DP, 2x HDMI, 1x DVI)

This method does NOT use Whatevergreen.
It’s also very important, if you’re using HDMI (I never tested DVI), that CSM is disabled in your BIOS.

I can confirm:
HDMI 4K @ 60HZ on both ports
HDMI & DP audio
HDMI hotplug working
Sleep/wake working on my machine

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nitro-se-black-screen-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/

CSM disable option is usually associated with Asus motherboards. On My MSI I did a little research and it suggested disabling Windows 8-10.

CSM disable option is usually associated with Asus motherboards. On My MSI I did a little research and it suggested disabling Windows 8-10.

My Gigabyte board (Build 1) required this setting in order for my HDMI ports to function properly.
With CSM enabled it would boot to black screen when connected to HDMI. With CSM enabled it would boot properly when connected to DP, but any attempt to connect a display to HDMI would result in black screen and system freeze.

After long struggle that problem Fixed. :headbang: The problem is CsmVideoDxe.EFI after removing that file boot to black screen has fixed.

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 7.56.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 8.04.08 PM.png

But still one more problem. Hardware encording .....

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 8.02.59 PM.png

How to FIX it ?

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using RX570 4GB and no hardware encoding is supported in Apple Compress and MacX Convertor. I'm using Whatevergreen and everything works fine, except hw encoding.

Last edited:
But still one more problem. Hardware encording .....

screenshot-2019-01-18-at-8-02-59-pm-png.380200

How to FIX it ?

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using RX570 4GB and no hardware encoding is supported in Apple Compress and MacX Convertor. I'm using Whatevergreen and everything works fine, except hw encoding.

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem. I'm using RX470 4GB and no hardware encoding is supported in Apple Compress and MacX Convertor. I'm using Whatevergreen and everything works fine, except hw encoding.

This requires intel quicksynch so you need to partially enable the IGPU. However, Haswell and newer have both h265, h264 capabilities. Apple deactivated h264, 265 on Polaris cards for some reason? Ivy Bridge may only have 264?
Ironically, my R7 265 (R9 270 cut down board) has both in Mojave and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back