Contribute
Register

Sapphire or MSI RX580?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my RX 580, it was $290 CAD (~$215 USD) off Amazon, and then after I had built my Hackintosh, I saw it for $230 CAD (~$170 USD) on Newegg... :banghead:
I needed the DVI... lets hope it works. Otherwise I could have gotten a different variant maybe cheaper. I also have an HDMI to DVI cord that I could try. If not, it's time to shop for a new monitor.

Well as of yesterday evening I am up and running on my new Hackointosh. Just to follow up on this thread, the DVI works fine on the RX580. HDMI is working w/o audio. I don't have any devices with DP port to test atm.

Last edited:
Well as of yesterday evening I am up and running on my new Hackointosh. Just to follow up on this thread, the DVI works fine on the RX580. HDMI is working w/o audio. I don't have any devices with DP port to test atm.
When I was using my RX 580, I was using DisplayPort and HDMI (all of them), and they all worked.

Also, something that I researched, I found that for all the ports to work on your GPU, here are the recommended brands:

Sapphire
Asus
Gigabyte

I also read that MSI cards tend to have problems with the ports on the back in macOS. It's good that you got a Sapphire card instead.

Reactions: JBX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back