Contribute
Register

Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB $209.99 Labor Day only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for very clear guide.

Noticed that the Framebuffer name is "ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer" for a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 after making the changes in PlistEditorPro and installing latest kexts in /Library/Extensions per your guide - same as before changes.

Is the Framebuffer name = Orinoco in DPICManager essential to get this working correctly?

IOReg or DCPIManager app will show if Orinoco is loaded.

From what I have seen if you don’t use Lilukext and WEGkext then adding Orinoco to framebuffer plist works.

The Whatevergreen instructions declare not to set a framebuffer as it uses the default ATY Radeon framebuffer and makes port assignments etc.. automatically. To get Orinoco to load as framebuffer you may need to remove Whatevergreen.

The Whatevergreen instructions declare not to set a framebuffer as it uses the default ATY Radeon framebuffer and makes port assignments etc.. automatically. To get Orinoco to load as framebuffer you may need to remove Whatevergreen.

Thanks. Think I will stick with WEG and see how it works out with the AMD card. @Stork Any thoughts on this?

Using WEG do you still get Orinoco?
Shortly after putting the RX 580 in MyHero II, I ran DCIManager and saw that the RX 580 was using the Radeon default frame buffer. So I defined the FrameBuffer = Orinoco patch in config.plist. I then added WEG as I was already using Luli for AppleALC kext. See here for more information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back