Contribute
Register

Sapphire 6770 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly I messed around with chimera for a bit trying to get it to work but was only able to get super low res and 3mb graphics. Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.

noktrnl said:
Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.

How does one change the device ID? Any flashing involved or just kext/plist editing in OS X? Can it be done on a motherboard with only 1 PCI-E slot?

Simon42 said:
noktrnl said:
Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.

How does one change the device ID? Any flashing involved or just kext/plist editing in OS X? Can it be done on a motherboard with only 1 PCI-E slot?

Yes, flashing is involved, you need a windows install, GPU-Z and the ATI Bios something found here http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/

Use GPU-z to extract the 6770 bios, load it with the ATI tool, change the card from a drop down to HD5770, save and flash it. Easy Peasy.

Can be done with 1 PCI slot as this makes the Vid card itself show up as a 5770.

i have a 6770 i flashed to 5770 and can't get my computer to sleep with it... the monitor won't wake up... anyone else have this issue with this card i know its the card because i can sleep with my onboard video..

eelhead said:
6770 is an OOB working card now, device ID info was added to Chimera.
hello
i am using this card and it doesn´t work.

I'm having issues with the Sapphire HD6670 1G GDDR5 PCI-E...

The only way I can get to boot is using rBoot with GraphicsEnabler=no ...

I have the latest Chimera, booting without rBoot = Apple gray screen with a forever spinning wheel... whether i'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes or no ...

EVERYBODY!!!!! I HAVE FIXED THIS!!!!!

Here's how I did it!!!

I found Chameleon Wizard online, it is SOOO FRIGGIN' NICE!

I used the org.chameleon.Boot editor in there, Heres a nice screenshot of what worked for me :)

http://www.dgiyo.info/chwiz.png

marcagio said:
EVERYBODY!!!!! I HAVE FIXED THIS!!!!!

Here's how I did it!!!

I found Chameleon Wizard online, it is SOOO FRIGGIN' NICE!

I used the org.chameleon.Boot editor in there, Heres a nice screenshot of what worked for me :)

http://www.dgiyo.info/chwiz.png

but did you flashed or not? im thinking to buy 6770

noktrnl said:
Simon42 said:
Yes, flashing is involved, you need a windows install, GPU-Z and the ATI Bios something found here http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/

Use GPU-z to extract the 6770 bios, load it with the ATI tool, change the card from a drop down to HD5770, save and flash it. Easy Peasy.

Can be done with 1 PCI slot as this makes the Vid card itself show up as a 5770.

Thanks a million times noktrnl! It worked perfectly for me. The flashing was slightly daunting but using the help files from the tools you named made it easy. I had to re-install my Windows driver and after a few restarts it was back to normal as a 5770. It's working so well I'm thinking of buying a second one - very quiet and energy efficient.

For my Mac install, I followed a normal Multibeast install and I had to change to GraphicsEnabler=No to make it work on two screens (no fancy ATI driver/mod/boot prompt otherwise). 3rd screen is on its way and I see no reason why it shouldn't run.

Now I know there's a possibility of loading an ATI bios only when launching Chameleon and I'd like to use that to have a 6770 under Windows and a 5770 under OS X, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work (it's complicated and I guess the card's ID would have to change and probably can't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back