Contribute
Register

Sapphire 6770 and Lion

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
honestly I messed around with chimera for a bit trying to get it to work but was only able to get super low res and 3mb graphics. Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N / Gigabyte EP45 UD3R / Asus Z77-I Deluxe / Dell 1525 / Eee PC 1000HA
CPU
i3-4330 / Xeon E3110 / 3570K / T8100 / N270
Graphics
HD4600 / HD 5450 / GTX 650 Ti / GMA 3100 / GMA 950
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
noktrnl said:
Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.
How does one change the device ID? Any flashing involved or just kext/plist editing in OS X? Can it be done on a motherboard with only 1 PCI-E slot?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Simon42 said:
noktrnl said:
Changing the cards device id was really easy so i went that route considering it does nothing to downgrade the performance of the card. (uses 6770 bios just changed 68BA to 68B8) I havent noticed any problems with in Windows either.
How does one change the device ID? Any flashing involved or just kext/plist editing in OS X? Can it be done on a motherboard with only 1 PCI-E slot?
Yes, flashing is involved, you need a windows install, GPU-Z and the ATI Bios something found here http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/

Use GPU-z to extract the 6770 bios, load it with the ATI tool, change the card from a drop down to HD5770, save and flash it. Easy Peasy.

Can be done with 1 PCI slot as this makes the Vid card itself show up as a 5770.

Motherboard
gigabyte g41es2l
CPU
pentiumd
Graphics
ati6770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i have a 6770 i flashed to 5770 and can't get my computer to sleep with it... the monitor won't wake up... anyone else have this issue with this card i know its the card because i can sleep with my onboard video..

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
eelhead said:
6770 is an OOB working card now, device ID info was added to Chimera.
hello
i am using this card and it doesn´t work.

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4 F6
CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr (nvidia web drivers)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm having issues with the Sapphire HD6670 1G GDDR5 PCI-E...

The only way I can get to boot is using rBoot with GraphicsEnabler=no ...

I have the latest Chimera, booting without rBoot = Apple gray screen with a forever spinning wheel... whether i'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes or no ...

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4 F6
CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr (nvidia web drivers)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
EVERYBODY!!!!! I HAVE FIXED THIS!!!!!

Here's how I did it!!!

I found Chameleon Wizard online, it is SOOO FRIGGIN' NICE!

I used the org.chameleon.Boot editor in there, Heres a nice screenshot of what worked for me :)

http://www.dgiyo.info/chwiz.png

Motherboard
gigabyte
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
nvidia gtx550 ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
marcagio said:
EVERYBODY!!!!! I HAVE FIXED THIS!!!!!

Here's how I did it!!!

I found Chameleon Wizard online, it is SOOO FRIGGIN' NICE!

I used the org.chameleon.Boot editor in there, Heres a nice screenshot of what worked for me :)

http://www.dgiyo.info/chwiz.png
but did you flashed or not? im thinking to buy 6770

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N / Gigabyte EP45 UD3R / Asus Z77-I Deluxe / Dell 1525 / Eee PC 1000HA
CPU
i3-4330 / Xeon E3110 / 3570K / T8100 / N270
Graphics
HD4600 / HD 5450 / GTX 650 Ti / GMA 3100 / GMA 950
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
noktrnl said:
Simon42 said:
Yes, flashing is involved, you need a windows install, GPU-Z and the ATI Bios something found here http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/

Use GPU-z to extract the 6770 bios, load it with the ATI tool, change the card from a drop down to HD5770, save and flash it. Easy Peasy.

Can be done with 1 PCI slot as this makes the Vid card itself show up as a 5770.
Thanks a million times noktrnl! It worked perfectly for me. The flashing was slightly daunting but using the help files from the tools you named made it easy. I had to re-install my Windows driver and after a few restarts it was back to normal as a 5770. It's working so well I'm thinking of buying a second one - very quiet and energy efficient.

For my Mac install, I followed a normal Multibeast install and I had to change to GraphicsEnabler=No to make it work on two screens (no fancy ATI driver/mod/boot prompt otherwise). 3rd screen is on its way and I see no reason why it shouldn't run.

Now I know there's a possibility of loading an ATI bios only when launching Chameleon and I'd like to use that to have a 6770 under Windows and a 5770 under OS X, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work (it's complicated and I guess the card's ID would have to change and probably can't)