Nvidia GTS 250 (Looking to Replace)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi !

I'm fighting against it now. With GE=No I get three displays but DVD Player refuses to work, and also very low scores in LuxMark (200 or so).

So tomorrow I'll start trying different framebuffers to see if it works better. I also would like to try to edit most successful personalities, but by now just gathering info about the topic and trying framebuffers.

Keep an eye on this topic, I'll post my results...

Cheers from Spain!

Hi !

I'm fighting against it now. With GE=No I get three displays but DVD Player refuses to work, and also very low scores in LuxMark (200 or so).

So tomorrow I'll start trying different framebuffers to see if it works better. I also would like to try to edit most successful personalities, but by now just gathering info about the topic and trying framebuffers.

Keep an eye on this topic, I'll post my results...

Cheers from Spain!

Thanks for the quick response ultrazone! What OS are you running Lion 10.7 or Mountain Lion 10.8? Also, have you tried editing boot.plist with the following?:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Pithecia</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

From what I've read by others with similar 6670 graphics cards that helps take away the artifacts and dysfunction during games and other high graphics apps.

Cheers to you . . . I wish I was in Spain!

Hi again!

Now I am trying with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 but maybe I try also with Lion later.

I've tried with Pithecia and the settings you've mentioned (thanks!) but with them only one monitor works (connected via DVI port). That's why I wanna try other personalities and settings.

By the way... Did you hear over there if editing personalities manually is still a good idea? If none of the personalities work, I believe that would be the way to go...

Could anyone shed some light about this topic?

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back