Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my graphic card. I just switched from 9800 gigabyte to Sapphire 5770. I updated the os to 10.6.8... with the 9800... booted fine.. then switched the graphic cards and I got a black screen right after the apple logo... so after couple of try and errors... I connected the dvi cable to a 24" running at HD res and it booted fine.. so then I connected it to the 30" just switching cables and it worked fine again... but when I restarted it... and let it run just with the apple 30" I got the damn black screen again.. but when I reconnect the DVI... it gets out of the black screen with full resolution... :( so anytime I restart the computer I gotta plug in and out to get the 30" working... also I used HDMI - DVI cable for the 24" and it didn't recognize the 2nd screen either... do you guys know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be amazing...
Thanks so much

PS. system profiler recognizes the card as 5700 series... :(

PLEASE HELP

I'm having this same issue on 10.6.7 with a 5770 too (HIS though). The monitor is an asus vw246h.

I was able to get everything installed using HDMI but as soon as I rebooted after running the 10.6.7 combo update and multibeast I kept getting a blank screen.

I tried using -v and I did get " **Device in Slot -- Slot 1**" before the screen went blank.

I switched the HDMI to DVI and it worked fine.

Hmmm that's weird... I'm using the DVI output and gettin the black screen. Unless I plug the dvi in and out.... Not sure what to do. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back