Contribute
Register

Saphire Pulse RX 570 boot-to-blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that HDMI ports often don't work without customizing settings. If you can connect via DisplayPort, even using a DP-to-HDMI adapter, it might just work.

To get HDMI working, see the procedure in this post.
Thanks for the hint @ammulder I got myself a DP to HDMI adapter. But now I got a "flickering blackscreen" (blackscreen + a few milliseconds of the mojave login-screen + repeat).

Last edited:
I found out that when I'm not using Whatevergreen + Lilu the monitor is completely dark. When I press the Menu-Button on my monitor the picture is stable for a few seconds. Therefore I was able to connect via screen-sharing on my MacBook. Everything looks fine here. I also tried a different monitor which said "no signal"

But now I got a "flickering blackscreen" (blackscreen + a few milliseconds of the mojave login-screen + repeat).

Try a DP (from your RX570) to HDMI (your monitor) cable rather than an adaptor. I had the same HDMI and DVI output-to-black screen issue which I just couldn't resolve, and the only fix was using the RX580's DP-out, so I initially bought a DP-to-DVI adaptor.

Although the adaptor worked for Mojave (and Linux), I also had the same problem as you with Win 10 and the adaptor i.e. blinking black for 5 seconds, then showing the Win 10 login screen for 1 second, before blinking off again. The guy in the PC store said it's a power-delivery problem for some adaptors. Whether that's correct or not, going to a cable fixed it.

Last edited:
Try a DP (from your RX570) to HDMI (your monitor) cable rather than an adaptor. I had the same HDMI and DVI output-to-black screen issue which I just couldn't resolve, and the only fix was using the RX580's DP-out, so I initially bought a DP-to-DVI adaptor.

Although the adaptor worked for Mojave (and Linux), I also had the same problem as you with Win 10 and the adaptor i.e. blinking black for 5 seconds, then showing the Win 10 login screen for 1 second, before blinking off again. The guy in the PC store said it's a power-delivery problem for some adaptors. Whether that's correct or not, going to a cable fixed it.
Thanks @sos86. Sadly this did not solve the problem for me.

Do you have anyway of testing with DP and forgoing adapters? I am curious to see if you the problem persists with a display containing a DP...port.

once I added the graphics card, Mojave keeps booting into a Blackscreen. When using verbose mode the last Message before the screen becomes Black is ‚IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0‘

@whosdat,

As detailed in the Prerequisites section of Lilu + Plugin's guide use of the following APCI fixes can cause issues with WEG.
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
Recommend you remove or disable these patches and give Lilu + WhatEverGreen another go, make sure to use the latest versions as there was an issue with Lilu 1.3.0.

Cheers
Jay

I just replaced my gtx 960 with an xfx rx 580 and had the same black screen problem on my haswell system. Disabling CSM in the bios allowed me to boot mac os properly.
  • Please read OP's post #2.
    • OP's MoBo is MSI-61MA-E35 (B3) and OP states there is no BIOS option to ENABLE/DISABLE CSM

• Motherboard Manufacturers "customize" BIOS on their motherboards; with the same Chipsets, two different Makes and Models may have different BIOS Menu to configure and hence the challenge for Hackintoshers.
    • This is yet another reason for everyone to provide EXACT makes and models of their MoBo+CPU+Graphics in the Profile if the post is dealing with the system hardware listed there, or in Build Signature for Current Build if the system under discussion is Not the one in the Profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back