Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Gigabyte Designare
CPU
Intel i9 9900k 9th gen
Graphics
Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+
I just installed a fresh install of Catalina without a graphics card installed. Trying to add a Saphire 5700xt to my build and having trouble figuring out how. If install the card on reboot I get a black screen. Can't figure out if I need install new drivers or make adjustments. If anyone has a build guide or advice. This is my first build. Also should I just switch it out to a 580, would that just make my life a million times easier.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

With the 5700XT you must install Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts then boot with agdpmod=pikera.

Thanks Pilgrim, updated didn't know I didn't have it. New to hackintosh, do you know of references or guides that might give me more insight on how to do that?

do you know of references or guides that might give me more insight on how to do that?

No, but you're not the first.
Try the forum Search tool.

My guess is the O
I just installed a fresh install of Catalina without a graphics card installed. Trying to add a Saphire 5700xt to my build and having trouble figuring out how. If install the card on reboot I get a black screen. Can't figure out if I need install new drivers or make adjustments. If anyone has a build guide or advice. This is my first build. Also should I just switch it out to a 580, would that just make my life a million times easier.

My guess is you already Lilu and WG installed but are missing agdpmod=pikera. I am able to boot my 5700XT with full acceleration without Lilu and WG but choose to use them because they patch other things as well. With those however you must have the boot argument agdpmod=pikera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back