i5 2320
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm trying to put together my first build. I've looked at the 2012 CustoMac builds and unfortunately none of those recommended boards are available in my area (I'm in Asia). I've found a Gigabyte H67MA-USB3 for a good price and from what i've been reading, this board is compatible. I believe this is a Sandy Bridge. What i can't get is a Sandy Bridge processor. I've been looking for a I5 2320 but no has those anymore. What is available is the i5 3450. Will this combination (H67MA and i5 3450) work? I would want to use Lion. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi,

I'm trying to put together my first build. I've looked at the 2012 CustoMac builds and unfortunately none of those recommended boards are available in my area (I'm in Asia). I've found a Gigabyte H67MA-USB3 for a good price and from what i've been reading, this board is compatible. I believe this is a Sandy Bridge. What i can't get is a Sandy Bridge processor. I've been looking for a I5 2320 but no has those anymore. What is available is the i5 3450. Will this combination (H67MA and i5 3450) work? I would want to use Lion. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

according to http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3806#bios all you need to run an ivy cpu on your board is a BIOS update. I would suggent you go with the F8 BIOS

thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back