Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I want install ML on my System. I bought the SL Retail DVD because i don't know someone with a Mac. So i just want to upgrade for the appstore to get ML.

My system:
Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Dual Fan GDDR 5
ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 Sockel 1155 ATX DDR 3.
INTEL CORE i5-2500k
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR 3

I use the Naw-c-o-m-s Mo d-C D to boot -> iBoot don't work.

So here is my problem: The comboupdate to 10.6.8 don't works. It says: the installation failed - unknown reason/problem. I tried this with the updatehelper too.
The update to 10.6.4 works.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Ominion

Ok so we have a couple of problems ...

Problem one is that the video card is problem number one for OSX - this card came way after OSX Snow Leo stopped getting updates for video kexts. So this will not work w SL.

Problem Number two - your posted to the Guides section and as its not a guide I moved it to this installation section.

Problem number 3 - you method of the install using unapproved installer is not going to work nor get responses. In fact you could get banned.

SO I suggest you read the rules of this site - http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Now this motherboard you have is some what of a problem MotherBoard for SL so we know this going forward.

But all of the hardware specs are good sound network CPU and the HD3000 video. So remove the 570 video card and try again. Of course we need to have the BIOS settings in the correct selections AHCI - Video etc.

As you have a sandy bridge system you will need to install the update helper once we get to osx 10.6.3 or 4...
here is a modified installer in outline steps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number

As you do not have a DSDT file for this MB we will need to install w/o DSDT and choose the options in MultiBeast for the motherboard.

Ok so here are some other links I found on your hardware.

http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/index.php?post/2011/01/19/Hackintosh
this link uses BridgeHelper which is not designed for Snow Leo but for Sandy Bridge MB w Ivy Bridge CPU's on Lion and ML.
Do note that he uses the command switch for Bus Ratio= - he also uses the older iBoot Legacy CD to install with.

Also do a search w Google on thise terms ASUS P8P67 LE + Snow Leopard

Here is one from our site - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/20778-help-installation-asus-p8p67-le.html

Also enter your motherboard Asus P8P67 LE into the search box on the top of the page at the website TonyMacX86 and you will get a lot of hits from users that have used this board. Some w Lion SL or ML.

Read and make notes of topics are related to your install and hardware.

As you have a sandy bridge system you will need to install the update helper once we get to osx 10.8.3 or 4...

10.8.x does not need Update Helper - only going from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 do you need Update Helper.

It is not necessary to go to 10.6.8 - you only need to go to 10.6.6 to get the app store.

So path is:
iBoot + SL retail DVD 10.6.3 install
download 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 update (combo) from Apple support, install
reboot with iBoot, go to app store and purchase download 10.8.5
download UniBeast and create 10.8.5 install USB
Boot USB and install 10.8.5
Download MultiBeast and run.

Note that this board either needs NullCPUPM kext to run or a modded BIOS ( http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/p67-2/ ) to get native power management

10.8.x does not need Update Helper - only going from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 do you need Update Helper.

It is not necessary to go to 10.6.8 - you only need to go to 10.6.6 to get the app store.

Apple though, wants you to be on 10.6.8 before downloading either ML or Mavericks from the App store.
You could fake the smbios and change it to 10.6.8 if updating to 10.6.8 poses a problem.

From Apple.com website:
Upgrading from OS X Snow Leopard

If you’re running Snow Leopard (10.6.x), update to the latest version of Snow Leopard before you download OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store. Click the Apple icon and choose Software Update to install OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back