1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!
I've been bouncing from thread to thread for a couple months now trying to figure this out, and I decided it was time to start my own.
I'm trying to get Sierra working on a computer I had lying around with the following specs:
  • Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500k
  • MSI h61m-p31/w8 MoBo (running the latest BIOS according to MSI)
  • EVGA GeForce GT520
  • 16 GB of RAM
  • and a 500 Gig HDD
The problem is, I keep running into "Service exited with abnormal code 1." I've tried all manner of BIOS settings as per the guide, none of which change anything (except disabling "Execute Disable Bit," which will have the system restart about 15 seconds into trying to boot.)

If anyone knows what BIOS setting I should play with (as some things might not have standard names) or what kexts/any other files/really anything I should play around with, any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
@Knew, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hello all!
I've been bouncing from thread to thread for a couple months now trying to figure this out, and I decided it was time to start my own.
I'm trying to get Sierra working on a computer I had lying around with the following specs:
  • Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500k
  • MSI h61m-p31/w8 MoBo (running the latest BIOS according to MSI)
  • EVGA GeForce GT520
  • 16 GB of RAM
  • and a 500 Gig HDD
The problem is, I keep running into "Service exited with abnormal code 1." I've tried all manner of BIOS settings as per the guide, none of which change anything (except disabling "Execute Disable Bit," which will have the system restart about 15 seconds into trying to boot.)

If anyone knows what BIOS setting I should play with (as some things might not have standard names) or what kexts/any other files/really anything I should play around with, any help would be very much appreciated.
Update: I've since added an EVGA GeForce GT520 graphics card.
I've tried the whole Nvidia Web thing (configuring the plist) but still no dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back