Graphics
Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II TOP
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but for me it seems C1E is working on my Asus P9X79 Deluxe with 3930K processor. HWMonitor shows the system clock down to its lowest state (1200Mhz) when idle, and clock back up when in use. Also the reported voltages adjust along with the frequencies. My understanding of C1E is that unlike speedstep, it does not need specific support from the OS, but by clocking down it seems it is accomplishing much the same thing, just without the fine-grained control of speedstep.

One strange thing I have experienced is if I run Bresink Hardware Monitor and the HWMonitor included with Chimera at the same time I get random freezes and kernel panics (TLB invalidation IPI timeout: " "CPU(s) failed to respond to interrupts). Anyone experienced anything similar when running multiple monitoring utilities simultaneously?

Hello,
i don't understand exactly your experience.
As far as i know hwmonitor only runs on windows, i guess ?
I use smcmonitor to confirm my over clock, it is realtime for showing cpu cores diode, freq, gpu temp...
And at the moment i can't confirm that OS X ignore those power management goodies :thumbdown:
(tried everything on my build)
that and in a minor way the lack of support for built-in USB 3 are the only drawbacks on my P9X79 (FW rocks, esata hot plug etc).

Thanks for sharing your observations.

Sorry for not being more specific, the HWMonitor I use is the one included in multibeast, not the identically named Windows program. I just tried using SMC Monitor, and by going to preferences and displaying the key "MICP" I can see it go between 12 and 42, which are my lowest and highest multipliers. I cannot see frequencies or any states in the P & C states window.

I believe it is C1E working as the description seems to fit what is written in Intel Documents

http://www.scribd.com/doc/83367223/56/Package-C1-C1E
(see page 35).

You say you can see frequencies using SMC Monitor. What do they show?

Also, regarding the freezing i mentioned earlier. I found out it is caused by a combination of the ASMedia1061 SATA chipset and Bresink Hardware Monitor + another monitor program reading S.M.A.R.T. temperature data at the same time. It seems the chipset can't cope properly with this or something.

llauqsd said:
Sorry for not being more specific, the HWMonitor I use is the one included in multibeast, not the identically named Windows program. I just tried using SMC Monitor, and by going to preferences and displaying the key "MICP" I can see it go between 12 and 42, which are my lowest and highest multipliers. I cannot see frequencies or any states in the P & C states window.

I believe it is C1E working as the description seems to fit what is written in Intel Documents

(see page 35).

Also, regarding the freezing i mentioned earlier. I found out it is caused by a combination of the ASMedia1061 SATA chipset and Bresink Hardware Monitor + another monitor program reading S.M.A.R.T. temperature data at the same time. It seems the chipset can't cope properly with this or something.

Hi! Can you explain detailed how you achieved that? what is C1E? regards SH

EDIT, just read page 35 from your link, so this is achieved in bios? is your system running stable without the monitoring software?

Yeah, C1E is enabled in the BIOS. My system is running perfectly stable as long as I don't have Bresink Hardware Monitor + another hardware monitor monitoring any drives attached to the Asmedia ports at the same time.

It's a pretty specific problem to trigger, so I doubt many people will encounter this. I also suspect it's true of any computer using the ASmedia chipset, as it even happened with an ASmedia add-in card.

stefanhuberfilms said:
llauqsd said:

(see page 35).

Hi! Can you explain detailed how you achieved that? what is C1E? regards SH

EDIT, just read page 35 from your link, so this is achieved in bios? is your system running stable without the monitoring software?

Yes, also working for me so far... the main thing is that it works running either 1200MHz or on Full Freq.

greets

I can confirm c1e working here! Thanks! About my mac seems to read the corrct speed as well: 4,2 ghz. Good.

Does anyone know how to enable USB3? I think it's the last piece of the p9x79 puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back