Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I like this setup, but I was wondering if there is anything faster than this that will work. Are there any better GPU's and processors available that are compatible?

I'm looking to spend around $1,500 for the computer.

Thanks Guys.

Spending more does not necessarily mean it is a better computer. Have you factored in the cost of an SSD? That will greatly improve your performance. Extra drive for Windows 7? Storage drives? Mouse and keyboard? Bluetooth receiver? CPU cooler? Snow Leopard disc? Lion from App store (if you intend on getting lion)? Lots of little things to take into account.

The specs for that build are pretty much top of the line, and from the Geekbench's I have seen it can be either faster or on par with the base Mac Pro.

Hey there,

first off many thanks to all of you sharing your expertise and experiences and of course Tony for creating the guides.
I'm currently switching to Mac from Windows - just ordered an 11" Air. Since this will be primarily for on-the-road usage i'd like to upgrade my 3 year old home machine (currently running Win7) to be Lion-able and completely switch to the Mac-Universe.

I've already read many forum posts here and in the insanely-mac forum and of course the guides on Building a Sandy Bridge CustoMac, xMove and iBoot/MultiBeast Install.

Now for my question:
If i stick to the Customac #4 Build exactly (including the recommended Bluetooth dongle plus Wireless-Keyboard and Magic-Trackpad) and follow the iBoot/Multibeast/xMove Guide do i still have to expect any bad surprises or will everything (sleep (most important), Wake on Keyboard/Trackpad, LAN, Sound, all SATA ports, USB3, SPDIF, HDMI/DVI/miniDP...) be working? Anyone out there with the exact #4 build who can share his experience? How about Sound over HDMI?

Thanks in advance & keep on the good work!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back