Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, im new to this forum and new to this method installing osx86. :)

I have ordered all the componets needed to build Customac Build 3#

So i thought i should prepare for the installation, but i cant seem to find any guide on how to install OsX on this specific build, isn´t that strange? so if someone could tell me what i should select on multibeast i´ll be very thankfull :) (my english isn't flawless)

Thanks for the fast reply!

The guide for how to install osx is perfect, but when it comes to installing kexts and drivers for my build im lost.

CustomBeast is great but i would like to try installing the drivers whit Multibeast so learn how this stuff work :)

The key to doing a custom install as far as kexts are concerned is knowing exactly what chipsets are on your motherboard. Get out your motherboard manual (or download a copy) and write down what audio, ethernet, and disk controller chipsets you have. Write down what video card you are running.

Then open MultiBeast and do a user DSDT install with your DSDT file on your desktop, also check System Utilities and reboot. You should be able to select and boot from your hard drive at this point. Now one at a time select kexts from MultiBeast that match the chipsets on your motherboard, select System Utilities and reboot. So it's one kext - System Utilities- reboot. Next kext, etc. Write down what you do so can undo it if necessary.

Your kexts will go into /extras or /system/library/extensions. Kexts from outside MultiBeast cannot be copied and pasted into the system. You must use an installer (get it from MultiBeast) and always run System Utilities each time to rebuild caches to enable your kexts.

Keep reading this forum and search for information. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back