Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i5-2520M/HM65
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi, i have i5-2520m, intel hd3000, is it posssible use unibeast and multibeast to install Catalina on it? Or High Sierra is the best option for this hardware?

Please read and comply with the forum rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Hi, i have i5-2520m, intel hd3000, is it posssible use unibeast and multibeast to install Catalina on it? Or High Sierra is the best option for this hardware?
Hi there,

I would advise you use this guide by OC instead > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/sandy-bridge.html#acpi

High Sierra is the highest version supported officially for HM65 chipset. But using Opencore Legacy Patcher it may help to get you to some of the more recent releases including Catalina.

Is it possible that this thread be moved by a moderator to the laptops forum?

I ask because I would like to the OP to post any successes, especially with Catalina or later.

i have moved your post to laptop support

unibeast and multibeast is for desktops

an older clover guide may help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back