Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
medmed said:
Hello

my config (sandy bridge) can work with hackintosh?

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 (Intel H67 Express Revision B3) - Micro ATX/INTEL HD Graphics
4 GB value ram kingston
Intel core i3 2100
Radeon hd 6870

thanks you

No.

now apple sell sandy bridge mac, so it must be more easy to install osx on sandy bridge

how choose a motherboard?

Gordo74 said:
medmed said:
Hello

my config (sandy bridge) can work with hackintosh?

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 (Intel H67 Express Revision B3) - Micro ATX/INTEL HD Graphics
4 GB value ram kingston
Intel core i3 2100
Radeon hd 6870

thanks you

No.

why can u exp :eek:

iliuxa said:
Please, mini faq how to install OSX on Intel DP67BG
I tried to install so
buy retail 10.6.3
burn iBoot on CD
start from iBoot
change CD ?? DVD and F5
loading start and Panic

my PC
Intel DP67BG
intel i-7 2600
2x 4Gb RAM
HDD Win 7 on SATA0 (6gb)
HDD fies on SATA1 (6gb)
Optiarc on SATA2 (3gb)
HDD for MAC on SATA3 (3gb)
Video nVidia 470GTX

This is best in a new thread, but, make sure you're using iBoot Legacy, and not the standard iBoot. The legacy version offers Sandy Bridge support.

I am no expert myself. But from what I've read I think you should try using only 4GB of rams during installation when you get the 'Steal memory' error. You can add more ram after the installation is completed.

Bingo! That's what Tony's guide says (see link in my signature block). I'm surprised how many people have not read this clear, concise and accurate guide. Saves you a lot "I can't make it work" questions.

Just got mine up last night after 3 attempts.

2600k @ 4.2ghz
asus Sabertooth p67 rev3
Sapphire HD6870
16 gigs G skill ripjaws
64 c300 SATA III

cliff notes on what I did

boot with Andys bootcd
instal SL 10.6.3
Reboot with Andys bootcd
10.6.7 Combo update
Reboot with Andys bootcd

Heres where I kept going into trouble...
Used andys installer package for the ati6000.. but the ati6000controller.kext and the hda892 kext hadn't installed properly and was stuck with no sound and video stuck at 1024.

Went through and deleted the offending ATI kext, and the HDA kexts. Ran those in multibeast and rebuilt permissions and caches. Restart and Voila... It all seems to be working for the most part.

:clap: :clap: A f**king massive thank you to Andy for his boot CD, To Tony and everyone that helped make multibeast, Yoga for answering a couple Questions prepurchase, insanlymac crew, and finally to all of you osx86 modders for inspiration and helping me get this thing up and running!!! :clap:

First new computer in 7 years, and it feels good to have built it with the OS I wanted!!!

w00t!!!!

Now I just need to install my other 3 hardrives, get windows on one of them, add my scsi card( If it will even work... stupid vintage audio samplers), tweaks for performance, and then restock my machine with programs!

Till next time :headbang:

necron99 said:
Just got mine up last night after 3 attempts.

2600k @ 4.2ghz
asus Sabertooth p67 rev3
Sapphire HD6870
16 gigs G skill ripjaws
64 c300 SATA III

cliff notes on what I did

boot with Andys bootcd
instal SL 10.6.3
Reboot with Andys bootcd
10.6.7 Combo update
Reboot with Andys bootcd

Heres where I kept going into trouble...
Used andys installer package for the ati6000.. but the ati6000controller.kext and the hda892 kext hadn't installed properly and was stuck with no sound and video stuck at 1024.

Went through and deleted the offending ATI kext, and the HDA kexts. Ran those in multibeast and rebuilt permissions and caches. Restart and Voila... It all seems to be working for the most part.

:clap: :clap: A f**king massive thank you to Andy for his boot CD, To Tony and everyone that helped make multibeast, Yoga for answering a couple Questions prepurchase, insanlymac crew, and finally to all of you osx86 modders for inspiration and helping me get this thing up and running!!! :clap:

First new computer in 7 years, and it feels good to have built it with the OS I wanted!!!

w00t!!!!

Now I just need to install my other 3 hardrives, get windows on one of them, add my scsi card( If it will even work... stupid vintage audio samplers), tweaks for performance, and then restock my machine with programs!

Till next time :headbang:

Awesome dude, glad you're up and running, and you're welcome :¬)

Mine's running.. having issues with the Gigabyte P67 motherboard though. No way to oc past x33 multiplier (ie 3.3ghz). Going to upgrade my bios and see if that will help. Currently running F2. There are some specs:

Snow Leopard 10.6.7
Intel Core i7 2600k SB @ 3.3ghz
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
Corsair 16GB DDR3 PC1600
Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HD
EVGA GTX 260
Dual Dell 27" IPS Displays

Bluetooth, ethernet, sound (via USB uDAC) all work. I've attached a 32Bit GeekBench score too. This will be my baseline.

Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 3.00.15 PM.png

Full break down: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/412067

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 3.00.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 3.00.15 PM.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 498
My OS X clock is running too fast. Any hint on how to fix that?

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back