Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaxKing said:
Glazou - Can you think of any reason your build instructions would not work with the Asus P8P67 Deluxe as opposed to the EVO?
If you except the fact the Deluxe version has a different audio chipset, everything is similar. The process I followed should give same results.

SUCCESS !!!!

I had really slow graphics in 64bits mode so I installed manually AnVal 5.1.4 after all the steps I outlined on my blog. With busratio=29 in the boot plist everything is now ok, I have just a perfect i7 2600-based hackintosh in 64bits ! Network works fine (thanks to Josh), audio is perfect, video is perfect, I see the eight threads in the activity monitor, About his mac says 3.5Ghz 4Gb memory.

And I build Firefox in 10 minutes 31 seconds from scratch...

Happy :)

Hmm, my GA-P67A-UD5 os x was working fine but when I changed my hard disk boot priority in the bios to boot the os x disk first, it keeps getting a kernel panic on the grey apple screen. Anyone seen this before? I changed back to the the original order I had in the bios but I'm still getting a kernel panic.

glazou said:
SUCCESS !!!!

I had really slow graphics in 64bits mode so I installed manually AnVal 5.1.4 after all the steps I outlined on my blog. With busratio=29 in the boot plist everything is now ok, I have just a perfect i7 2600-based hackintosh in 64bits ! Network works fine (thanks to Josh), audio is perfect, video is perfect, I see the eight threads in the activity monitor, About his mac says 3.5Ghz 4Gb memory.

And I build Firefox in 10 minutes 31 seconds from scratch...

Happy :)

would you share your blog post?

I just can't get the system to recon the processor (unknown processor).
and can't get 8gb to work with it (default is: arch=i386 busratio=29)

gigabyte F7A - P67A-UD3
core i5 2500
evga GTX 460 768MB.
Onboard AUDIo DISABLED
8111E - working
firewire 400 - Maudio Profire 610 (working)
4x2gb DDR3 1333
dvd at at port 2 (first sata 2 port )
hd at port 3 (second sata 2 port )

using 10.6.6 with 10.6.6 legacy kernel downloaded from nawcom!

if I put the 4 sticks i get pc off at boot.
if I boot with only 2 sticks I get system ok.

forget about the 8gb thing...
just removed "arch=i386"and worked!!

just wondering, has anyone pur sandy to sleep (and being capable of waking up) ?
and about the smbios... the clock is right (3,3ghz) but the name and memory info are all wrong... any ideas ?

btw, i\m using the chameleon bootloader for sandy (multibeast).

thanks to everyone who helped!!

Please, mini faq how to install OSX on Intel DP67BG
I tried to install so
buy retail 10.6.3
burn iBoot on CD
start from iBoot
change CD ?? DVD and F5
loading start and Panic

my PC
Intel DP67BG
intel i-7 2600
2x 4Gb RAM
HDD Win 7 on SATA0 (6gb)
HDD fies on SATA1 (6gb)
Optiarc on SATA2 (3gb)
HDD for MAC on SATA3 (3gb)
Video nVidia 470GTX

Wrong place to post this kind of question. Usually it's best to start a new thread...and to research.

You can't boot with more than 4 gigs for now until you install and set a 64-bit flag. So use the boot flag maxmem=4096 also boot in safe mode. It's -x

Hello

my config (sandy bridge) can work with hackintosh?

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 (Intel H67 Express Revision B3) - Micro ATX/INTEL HD Graphics
4 GB value ram kingston
Intel core i3 2100
Radeon hd 6870

thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back