Contribute
Register

Samsung SM 951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this. Place it into your HD>EFI>Clover folder (replace the existing one). Then at boot screen press space bar and choose "boot Mac OS X without caches" and see what happens...

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 90
Tried that - it had a big log cat then crashed to all black - here is the last screen shot - what does the error mean? What should I change?

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Ok good news I was able to boot back into my old chimera install by creating a new Unibeast 5 USB. Will keep the clover USB, do a clone carbon copy to my SM951 and try to booth with that when I have time.

Boot from your USB installer with Chimera (the one you made with Unibeast) and then erase Clover installation from the hard disk. If you installed Clover into the ESP you ca erase that partition (200 Mb) with Disk Utility, otherwise if you installed legacy mode trash the EFI folder on your hard disk and empty trash. Now you can re-install Chimera. Be careful if you have to erase the EFI partition with Disk Utility and double check the partition you're going to delete before erasing!!

This worked thanks ppcnostalgic!!! I'm now doing a clone copy of the currently working OS X to the SM951 and will try and hack that to work with the clover USB. Will be cool to get it working -but at this point its almost easier just to get the real deal Mac as I don't have as much time as I used to a couple years ago.

Good news Im able to select the sm951 from the clover boot loader and it starts to load osx. However it goes fast then crashes during the white apple load screen - the status bar get about a quarter across the screen then it goes black. Sm951 is so fast im not able to get a screenshot of the error before it crashes. Is it possible to print an error log on the drive so I can debug it?

Well I finally got the X79 UD5 to boot SM951 via clover - thanks to everyone for the help! Ended up using this article clover settings and kext to make it work. https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/425964/guide_el_capitan_1011_gigabyte_x79ud3_4930k_gtx/ Everything seems to work except the graphics are a little slow and pixelated (it does not detect my nvidia video card), and the SM 951 does not seem to get the fastest speed. Here are a few screenshots. Any ideas about getting the nvidia settings working? Currently getting the slow flickering screen - had that issue years ago and think the solution for it was a multibeast 6 "rivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback =10.8.1 Rollback" but maybe it is something else - its been so long my memory is fuzzy. Any ideas?? Thanks in advanced almost there!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.42.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.42.36 PM.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 11.32.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 11.32.49 PM.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Well I finally got the X79 UD5 to booth SM951 via clover - thanks to everyone for the help! Ended up using this article clover settings and kext to make it work. https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/425964/guide_el_capitan_1011_gigabyte_x79ud3_4930k_gtx/ Everything seems to work except the graphics are a little slow and pixelated (it does not detect my nvidia video card), and the SM 951 does not seem to get the fastest speed. Here are a few screenshots. Any ideas about getting the nvidia settings working? Currently getting the slow flickering screen - had that issue years ago and think the solution for it was a multibeast 6 "rivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback =10.8.1 Rollback" but maybe it is something else - its been so long my memory is fuzzy. Any ideas?? Thanks in advanced almost there!!
OK I got OSX working perfectly and is booting from the SM951 (HECK YEAH!). Have to 1st boot in Clover via USB, then select the SM951 that shows up in clover boot loader that sees the SM951 (sadly the SM951 does not show up in the X79 UD5 BIOS).

Now the last issue is to get the X79 UD5 mainboard to see the SM951 in BIOS so I can booth from that. At this point its not that big a deal Im just so happy to run OSX from the SM951 on the X79 UD5. Prevented me from upgrading a perfectly great machine.

If anyone has any ideas to get the SM951 to show up in the X79 UD5 bios please do let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back