Contribute
Register

Samsung SM 951

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys,
i got the SM951 512GB AHCI + a Silverstone SST-ECM20 M2 to PCI-E 4x adapter and plugged to my H87-D3H. After updating BIOS to F10 (from F3), it detected ok OOB.
Was hoping to get at least 1,500MB/s for read.

What sort of speeds do you guys get for older boards on PCI-E 2.0 x4?
wQpcOz2.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.25.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.25.06 pm.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.30.54 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.30.54 pm.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hi All thanks for keeping the thread going. So I finally tried clover install and it now sees the SM951 in the boot screen. However, when I follow this guide it gets to the black OSX El Cap loading screen with White apple logo - then it crashes and restarts :(. Ive tried with nvidia inject and without it. Starting from scratch now - using tony mac guide found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/ also looking at this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-ga-x79-ud5-3930k-gtx-560-2gb-10-11-2.181173/

Any suggestions to debug are greatly appreciated! Think I'm close to getting it to boot with SM951 via clover (excited).

Attachments

• IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Where did you install Clover? I mean do you have another HD(s) to boot from and then choose your SM951 at Clover boot screen? Try installing Clover on an USB pen drive, this way you can try several settings without compromise your system...

Hi - appreciate the reply
ppcnostalgic
I accidentally installed clover to my working multibeast and unibeast HD. Now the machine will not boot into the old working drive as it hosed the BIOS (from what I've read). Have clover installed on two USB pen drives now and can boot with that but once the OSX el cap install starts it is crashing at the black screen with the white apple logo. Im new to clover so its like started at step one again so super appreciate everyones help!!

Boot from your USB installer with Chimera (the one you made with Unibeast) and then erase Clover installation from the hard disk. If you installed Clover into the ESP you ca erase that partition (200 Mb) with Disk Utility, otherwise if you installed legacy mode trash the EFI folder on your hard disk and empty trash. Now you can re-install Chimera. Be careful if you have to erase the EFI partition with Disk Utility and double check the partition you're going to delete before erasing!!

Boot from your USB installer with Chimera (the one you made with Unibeast) and then erase Clover installation from the hard disk. If you installed Clover into the ESP you ca erase that partition (200 Mb) with Disk Utility, otherwise if you installed legacy mode trash the EFI folder on your hard disk and empty trash. Now you can re-install Chimera. Be careful if you have to erase the EFI partition with Disk Utility and double check the partition you're going to delete before erasing!!
Appreciate that ppcnostalgic will give that a shot later when I get back home - you guys are the best!!

Boot with Clover in verbose mode and you'll get a lot of infos about your issue(s). At the Clover boot screen press space bar on your keyboard and choose (with the arrow keys) "boot Mac Os X without caches" and press enter. When your computer hangs take a screen shot and post it here, so we can help you to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back