1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Samsung SM951

Anyone use this yet? Just ordered one with the Lycom PCIe SSD to PCIe adapter. Suppose to be faster than the mac pro blade @ 2100MBs:

http://barefeats.com/hard200.html

Once it comes in ill test it and post black magic speed test results. Can't wait!

Last edited:
I have had one for about a month. I was only able to use it as a boot drive for a short time because of a bug in Clover. It doesn't work with Chameleon so make sure you get Clover working. Also hope you don't have an X99 system as you will probably just have issues if you do.

I have had one for about a month. I was only able to use it as a boot drive for a short time because of a bug in Clover. It doesn't work with Chameleon so make sure you get Clover working. Also hope you don't have an X99 system as you will probably just have issues if you do.

Thanks a bunch - shoot im using Chameleon - will give it a shot anyway its suppose to work via achi will post results as soon as they come in. Hoping sm951 is avail with apple connector soon at some vendors to try on mac mini 2014. Have x79 ud5 build atm. Want x99 but might wait until mac pro gets a refresh to make the move. What speeds are you getting with your sm951? What adapter are you using the lycom 120? Here is the one that is coming that I hear is good: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYCQP38/

Thanks again!!!

My motherboard has a x4 3.0 slot built-in that I am using.

I took a screenshot of the speeds I was getting I will have to post it up later when I get home from work but it was about 10% lower than the benchmarks I have been seeing if I recall correctly. In Mac OS at least.

Mark

My motherboard has a x4 3.0 slot built-in that I am using.

I took a screenshot of the speeds I was getting I will have to post it up later when I get home from work but it was about 10% lower than the benchmarks I have been seeing if I recall correctly. In Mac OS at least.

Mark

Cool thanks!!!

IT Works!!!

Plug and play works on the X79 board - not getting full speed just yet - but Holy Moly!!! Here is the screen shot from black magic speed test. Im sure can squeeze a lil more out of it with some tweaks.

Thanks!

-Gabe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 7.35.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 7.35.57 PM.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 697
It does not show up on boot yet - but does post boot on X79 UD5. If anyone has any tips please let me know. Will be reading forums..etc. MIght have to bite the bullet and finally upgrade. I love my 3930K 6 core cpu so maybe I can get away with a x99 board new ram and keep the cpu??

Anyone feel free to jump in and let me know for purchase suggestions - will want SM951 as boot on m.2 for new x99 board.

Thanks!!!

-G

Sorry totally forgot to post the screenshot. It is attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 9.49.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 9.49.55 PM.png
    875.7 KB · Views: 581
Also X99 builds are a PITA currently. They work fine with Chameleon but as I mentioned I couldn't get chameleon to see this drive. And Clover and X99 has all sorts of issues currently. Honestly you will probably take a speed hit going X99 from X79. For me it worked out OK as I was upgrading from Ivy Bridge but I really hope X99 support comes soon so I can take full advantage of this build as I have a TON invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back