Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi truvnhc,

i have deleted in /system/Library/Caches

Thanks for the reply.
Did u have kernel panic with these 2 kexts:
ApplePS2Controller.kext and ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext?

no i dont have kernelpanics with the two kexts. The kexts are loading but my touchpad dont work.

please tell me how to upgrade to 10.8.3

I nave created a USB boot With unibeast but when i can install osx,installation bloked With white screen With apple logo and other simbol on the Apple logo! What do i do ? I must use unibeast With an other program? Thanks

hi.. I have np700z5c..
do you think it's the same as yours?

From the original post... "1. Create a Unibeast boot drive as per usual. 2. Replace the DSDT.aml, boot.plist and smbios.plist files with the ones from the installation package."

I created a Unibeast boot drive. I didn't do it "as per usual", because I don't usually do this. But I did it as per the guide on this site (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html).

The problem I'm having is that I can't find, on the created Unibeast USB drive, the DSDT.aml and boot.plist files to replace. I found the smbios.plist, but "find . -name 'DSDT.aml'" and "find . -name 'boot.plist'" from the /Volumes/USB folder turned up nothing.

Is there a particular version of the Mountain Lion installer I'm supposed to have in the /Applications folder? 10.8.2? 10.8.3? I'm stuck, guys....

i have this problem http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/img0372av.jpg/ what can i solve it?Thanks my model is np700z5c-s01it

I have this exact same problem. I'll share a little more of what I've discovered.

My machine is a Samsung NP700Z5C-S01US running ML 10.8.2, similar to the one described in the above post. After trying to inject each of the different ig-platform-id's, I noticed that only 0x01660003 and 0x01660004 produce any image on my internal display, indicating that the display was connected to port 5. However, while both id's enable QE/CI, they produce markedly different results.

When the id 0x01660003 is injected, the appears either red-tinted (most of the time) or blue-tinted (some of the time). Either way, the display is stretched out so that only the left half is actually shown. A picture of this can be seen here.

However, when the id 0x01660004 is injected, the display appears to be the correct resolution, but an incorrect refresh rate and odd colors, as in banditos93's image. There is constant flickering and lines scanning downwards and the color spectrum appears almost inverted, although not quite.

Looking through AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, I noticed the difference in the connector tables for the id's 0x01660003 and 0x01660004 for the LVDS connection:
Code:
0x01660003: 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 [COLOR=#ff0000]00[/COLOR] 00 00 
0x01660004: 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 [COLOR=#ff0000]02[/COLOR] 00 00
Fiddling around with that value, I found that if I take that byte modulus 3, I get the following results:
  • 00: (Mostly) Red-tinted, stretched to only show left half of the screen.
  • 01: More often blue-tinted, stretched to only show left half of the screen.
  • 02: Odd, close to inverted color spectrum, shows entire screen but flickers (vertical refresh rate seems to be off).
For example, setting that byte to 00, 03, and 06 seemed to produce the same, mostly red-tinted and stretched display, while setting the byte to 02, 05, or 08 seemed to produce the same, inverted and flickering display. Changing the other values besides the port in the framebuffer appear to only change how the display shows up in About this Mac > Displays.

Besides trying the above changes, I've also verified that the EDID that is picked up for the display is the same in both Windows and Mountain Lion. Also, interestingly enough, if I don't inject an EFI string and just use shared 64mb memory (no graphics card), the internal display shows up perfectly with no problems, but without QE/CI since no hardware acceleration is used. It appears that this display problem is an issue with the connector tables in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, but I'm not quite sure what exactly the problem is.

Can anyone shine any light on this problem?

I have this exact same problem. I'll share a little more of what I've discovered.

My machine is a Samsung NP700Z5C-S01US running ML 10.8.2, similar to the one described in the above post. After trying to inject each of the different ig-platform-id's, I noticed that only 0x01660003 and 0x01660004 produce any image on my internal display, indicating that the display was connected to port 5. However, while both id's enable QE/CI, they produce markedly different results.

When the id 0x01660003 is injected, the appears either red-tinted (most of the time) or blue-tinted (some of the time). Either way, the display is stretched out so that only the left half is actually shown. A picture of this can be seen here.

However, when the id 0x01660004 is injected, the display appears to be the correct resolution, but an incorrect refresh rate and odd colors, as in banditos93's image. There is constant flickering and lines scanning downwards and the color spectrum appears almost inverted, although not quite.

Looking through AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, I noticed the difference in the connector tables for the id's 0x01660003 and 0x01660004 for the LVDS connection:
Code:
0x01660003: 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 [COLOR=#ff0000]00[/COLOR] 00 00 
0x01660004: 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 [COLOR=#ff0000]02[/COLOR] 00 00
Fiddling around with that value, I found that if I take that byte modulus 3, I get the following results:
  • 00: (Mostly) Red-tinted, stretched to only show left half of the screen.
  • 01: More often blue-tinted, stretched to only show left half of the screen.
  • 02: Odd, close to inverted color spectrum, shows entire screen but flickers (vertical refresh rate seems to be off).
For example, setting that byte to 00, 03, and 06 seemed to produce the same, mostly red-tinted and stretched display, while setting the byte to 02, 05, or 08 seemed to produce the same, inverted and flickering display. Changing the other values besides the port in the framebuffer appear to only change how the display shows up in About this Mac > Displays.

Besides trying the above changes, I've also verified that the EDID that is picked up for the display is the same in both Windows and Mountain Lion. Also, interestingly enough, if I don't inject an EFI string and just use shared 64mb memory (no graphics card), the internal display shows up perfectly with no problems, but without QE/CI since no hardware acceleration is used. It appears that this display problem is an issue with the connector tables in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, but I'm not quite sure what exactly the problem is.

Can anyone shine any light on this problem?
have you solved this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back