Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After removing /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext I am able to run 10.8.3 and dual boot Windows 8. It seems to be working well now. Please let me know if this was not a wise decision to remove GeForce.kext. I decided to do it, because it popped up a bit in the system.log file and by chance it worked.

I kept seeing this a lot
Mar 19 14:10:51 localhost kernel[0]: GeForceSensors (0): [Error] unable to shadow VBIOS

It did not work for me. But if it fixed your problem, it is a very wise decision.

You don't really need the NVIDIA GeForce card on this machine - the Intel 4000 is an awesome card and it consumes way less power. The GeForce is only used for 3D graphics and it's only slightly better than the Intel 4000. I ran NovaBench in Windows 8 and I am getting 312 frames per second on the 3D scene with the GeForce, versus 260 with the Intel 4000.

Can anyone tell me how configure the miniDisplay Port to connect a external Display ?

It did not work for me. But if it fixed your problem, it is a very wise decision.

You don't really need the NVIDIA GeForce card on this machine - the Intel 4000 is an awesome card and it consumes way less power. The GeForce is only used for 3D graphics and it's only slightly better than the Intel 4000. I ran NovaBench in Windows 8 and I am getting 312 frames per second on the 3D scene with the GeForce, versus 260 with the Intel 4000.

Thanks ElementX! Everything seems good so far. However I noticed that my battery status won't show anymore in the menu bar. I try to re-enable the status indicator in the Energy Saver System Preferences, but it won't show. I should also state that I was never able to use the keyboard or trackpad. I've been using a USB mouse and keyboard. Interestingly, I discovered my ScrLK and Pause/Break button function as brightness control buttons. I feel ok with this setup for the moment although it is a little inconvenient. The main reason I installed ML was so I could use XCode and learn Objective C for a school project. In retrospect I should have just bought a real Mac from the beginning.

Thanks ElementX! Everything seems good so far. However I noticed that my battery status won't show anymore in the menu bar. I try to re-enable the status indicator in the Energy Saver System Preferences, but it won't show. I should also state that I was never able to use the keyboard or trackpad. I've been using a USB mouse and keyboard. Interestingly, I discovered my ScrLK and Pause/Break button function as brightness control buttons. I feel ok with this setup for the moment although it is a little inconvenient. The main reason I installed ML was so I could use XCode and learn Objective C for a school project. In retrospect I should have just bought a real Mac from the beginning.

If you just removed GeForce.kext, it should not have affected your battery status. Are you sure you did not remove anything else? On my machine the battery status disappears and the Fn screen brightness keys stop working when I remove DSDT.aml from the root directory of my Hackintosh hard drive. Both come back as soon as I add it back.

I noticed that by removing GeForce.kext you end up making the boot slightly faster, so when I compare the log I see various events occurring in a different sequence.

The ScrollLock and Pause/Break keys controlling the screen brightness is normal. This happens on my real iMac when I plug-in a Windows USB keyboard.

If you just removed GeForce.kext, it should not have affected your battery status. Are you sure you did not remove anything else? On my machine the battery status disappears and the Fn screen brightness keys stop working when I remove DSDT.aml from the root directory of my Hackintosh hard drive. Both come back as soon as I add it back.

I noticed that by removing GeForce.kext you end up making the boot slightly faster, so when I compare the log I see various events occurring in a different sequence.

The ScrollLock and Pause/Break keys controlling the screen brightness is normal. This happens on my real iMac when I plug-in a Windows USB keyboard.

Hmm... I have my DSDT.aml file in the following directory: /Extra/

I'll test it out in the root directory soon.

Hi everybody,

I got a Series 7 15" as well, but it's the 770Z5E S01 Model. Some stuff has changed (like AMD graphics and aparently audio as well) but it should be similar enough to follow you guy's methods.

Im running into problems booting from Unibeast into the installation. The BIOS settings are as per ayilm1's instructions.
I created a Unibeast with Moutain Lion 10.8.2 and with the Laptop option ticked (please clarify: Do I even need the Laptop bit?)

I included the boot.plist, DSDT.aml, smbios.plist and 3 kexts to Extra/Extensions and booted from the stick. It seems to go well until "dsmos has arrived" shows up.
Usually I thougth this to be a graphics problem but the boot.plist already contains the GE=no flag.

Below are bluetooth related bits as well as ethernet (deactivated that in bios afterwards).
Tried to remove bluetooth related kexts from the stick. This made the entries disappear but didnt solve the problem.

I'm not sure which direction to go as there are a few possibilities:

- Different audio solution (though bootlog doesnt mention any problems)
- Same graphics chip but maybe different config in boot.plist or dsdt needed?
- Chipset not supported?

Please see my SystemInfo in the signature!

Foto.jpg

Any advice would be great!

cheers

knusprig

Hi guys, I don't have this laptop but have similar audio codec chip that I done everything I can, and cannot get any life out of it. I'm wondering if someone can take a look and see If i made mistakes. I read tons of post, and worked on trying to match how folks do patching from codec dump. thanks

Attachments

• audio.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Hi guys, I don't have this laptop but have similar audio codec chip that I done everything I can, and cannot get any life out of it. I'm wondering if someone can take a look and see If i made mistakes. I read tons of post, and worked on trying to match how folks do patching from codec dump. thanks

If you have Realtek ALC 269 and cannot get AppleHDA to work - try VoodooHDA. I got mine to work with it. You can find the steps from my other posts on this thread.

Hi ElementX. Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried voodoohda. None of them work. The only one that actually works is 2.8.2 but here are problems I get. When booting i get a big pop sound from the speaker. My understanding its OSX related with turning speakers off. After a few minutes sound crackles and distorts. I have to go to midi and resample to a different frequency. It fixes it but a few minutes later starts again. The mic is also shaky. Maybe someone has a fix for these things. I see some folks have gotten this alc269vc working but looks like even same chip, acts differently on different laptops. I'm hoping maybe I made a mistake trying to patch. I keep looking and searching..hoping to stumble on something or someone with more insight

Hi ElementX. Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried voodoohda. None of them work. The only one that actually works is 2.8.2 but here are problems I get. When booting i get a big pop sound from the speaker. My understanding its OSX related with turning speakers off. After a few minutes sound crackles and distorts. I have to go to midi and resample to a different frequency. It fixes it but a few minutes later starts again. The mic is also shaky. Maybe someone has a fix for these things. I see some folks have gotten this alc269vc working but looks like even same chip, acts differently on different laptops. I'm hoping maybe I made a mistake trying to patch. I keep looking and searching..hoping to stumble on something or someone with more insight

I was also getting the loud pop during boot and a kernel panic about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I was getting a horrible feedback form my built-in microphone. All this stopped once I modified the VoodooHDA.kext to set the input gain to 0. I used VodooHDA v0.2.7.3. I am re-posting the steps, in case you want to try that.

Steps to install and fix VoodooHDA:

0. Go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive and delete AppleHDA.kext.

1. Download Kext Utility v2.5.1 (Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” edition).

2. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 and check VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 found under Drivers & Bootloaders - Drivers -Audio - Universal.

3. Soon after the installation completes, a high pitched sound will start coming out of your speakers. This is a feedback caused by the microphone located immediately to the left of your mouse pad.

4. Put your finger over it to reduce the sound. Then go to System Preferences and click on VoodooHDA (at the very bottom under Other). Move the Input Gain slider all the day down to 0. Now you can lift your finder from the microphone - the feedback is gone and your audio is working. But don't get too excited just yet!

5. Do not reboot yet - if you do the feedback will be back, since the Input Gain value was not saved. You will need to modify its value in the VoodooHDA.kext itself.

6. Open Finder and go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive. Locate VoodooHDA.kext and copy it to your Desktop. Then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions.

7. Select VoodooHDA.kext on your desktop, right click on it and choose Show Package Contents. Under Contents you will see a file called Info.plist. Right click on it and open it with TextEdit. Find this:
<key>iGain</key>
<string>90</string>
and change the 90 to 0. Then save the file and close TextEdit.

8. Now run the Kext Utility you downloaded in step 1. If you get an error saying that it cannot run since it was downloaded from the Internet, just right click on it and select Open.

9. Grab the VoodooHDA.kext from your desktop and drop it inside the main window of the Kext Utility. It will ask you for a password twice. Once it finishes, you will see a Quit button on the bottom.

10. Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back