Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext using MultiBeast. There were two options 10.6.8 and 10.8.1, but neither worked for me. When I installed ML it was already up to 10.8.3. after a fresh install I did not have to run any updates. I can't seem to get a version of ML 10.8.0

Hi Guys,

- can i enable the Nvidia GT650M ?
- how to fix the shutdown problem ? when i shutdown my laptop reboots :(
- i have an triple boot system (OSX, Win7 and Suse Linux) after starting windows i must delete S/L/Caches to have a Keyboard on the notebook

Help Me Please :)

It is disabled, otherwise you cannot boot from USB on this machine. This does not prevent the fore-mentioned problem.

Weird. I can't think of why something in Windows would prevent BIOS from booting to a USB device...

Weird. I can't think of why something in Windows would prevent BIOS from booting to a USB device...

In this particular laptop the fast boot setting is in the BIOS.

I tried to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext using MultiBeast. There were two options 10.6.8 and 10.8.1, but neither worked for me. When I installed ML it was already up to 10.8.3. after a fresh install I did not have to run any updates. I can't seem to get a version of ML 10.8.0

When did you buy Mountain Lion form the Apple store? I did on Feb 22 and I can see that it is version 1.3.19. Maybe Apple updated their ML installation with v10.8.3 of that kext at some point after ayiilm1 wrote the installation instructions.

In this particular laptop the fast boot setting is in the BIOS.

I was not referring to BIOS fast boot. I was referring to a new kind of hybrid hibernate/boot thing that is in Windows 8 and causes issues for Chimera. I guess you didn't actually read my "Section K" in my blog pointed to...

Note: It may not be the issue you are talking about, but it certainly sounds familiar to what I ran into...

I was not referring to BIOS fast boot. I was referring to a new kind of hybrid hibernate/boot thing that is in Windows 8 and causes issues for Chimera. I guess you didn't actually read my "Section K" in my blog pointed to...

Note: It may not be the issue you are talking about, but it certainly sounds familiar to what I ran into...

Yeah, I did not realize there was a fast boot setting in Windows 8 as well. I just tried the steps in your Section K, but unfortunately still ended up with a grey screen. Good to know though - thanks.

When did you buy Mountain Lion form the Apple store? I did on Feb 22 and I can see that it is version 1.3.19. Maybe Apple updated their ML installation with v10.8.3 of that kext at some point after ayiilm1 wrote the installation instructions.

I bought it on 3/16/13 and it seems to be up to 10.8.3. I can't choose an earlier version. Has anyone been able to run 10.8.3 while dual booting with windows 8 off the same HD, on the NP700Z7C-S01US? Any help would be much appreciated.

After removing /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext I am able to run 10.8.3 and dual boot Windows 8. It seems to be working well now. Please let me know if this was not a wise decision to remove GeForce.kext. I decided to do it, because it popped up a bit in the system.log file and by chance it worked.

I kept seeing this a lot
Mar 19 14:10:51 localhost kernel[0]: GeForceSensors (0): [Error] unable to shadow VBIOS

Hi Guys,

- can i enable the Nvidia GT650M ?
- how to fix the shutdown problem ? when i shutdown my laptop reboots
- i have an triple boot system (OSX, Win7 and Suse Linux) after starting windows i must delete S/L/Caches to have a Keyboard on the notebook

Help Me Please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back